neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What's battery issues are there with LTE?
The battery life is good for me on the LTE variant which I have LTE ser to auto, HR every 10, GPS off, improved accuracy off and a few notifications. I get 2 days or 2.5 days but it seems that everyone getting 3, 4 or 5 days are on Bluetooth. LTE versions seem to be getting 2 or 2.5. IMO there shouldn't be that big of a difference between the 2.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is good for me on the LTE variant which I have LTE ser to auto, HR every 10, GPS off, improved accuracy off and a few notifications. I get 2 days or 2.5 days but it seems that everyone getting 3, 4 or 5 days are on Bluetooth. LTE versions seem to be getting 2 or 2.5. IMO there shouldn't be that big of a difference between the 2.
LTE version always gets worse battery life then Bluetooth version. I get down to 45% by end of day 2,I don't take the chance for day 3, but I think I could do it. It really takes a bit when you're actually using LTE on the watch.

I think you're on par for battery usage on the LTE variant.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
That's why hoping this updates improves the battery more for the LTE variant. I've turned LTE off all together to check and it didn't matter if it was off or auto the battery life is still the same. I'm ok with 2 day battery life but all I'm saying is that there shouldn't be a 2 day difference between the 2 even if LTE is turned off. I'll take another day please. Lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's why hoping this updates improves the battery more for the LTE variant. I've turned LTE off all together to check and it didn't matter if it was off or auto the battery life is still the same. I'm ok with 2 day battery life but all I'm saying is that there shouldn't be a 2 day difference between the 2 even if LTE is turned off. I'll take another day please. Lol

Having cellular radio in a device that fits on your wrist is going to be a huge drain on battery life, there's no way around that.

I'd like week long battery life from a 5-minute charge. But if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Having cellular radio in a device that fits on your wrist is going to be a huge drain on battery life, there's no way around that.

I'd like week long battery life from a 5-minute charge. But if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.
Yea I know it is a huge drain if it's on but my point is that if you turn cellular off or have it set to auto it still drains way more than the BT variant.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea I know it is a huge drain if it's on but my point is that if you turn cellular off or have it set to auto it still drains way more than the BT variant.

If it's set to auto and always connected to your phone, you should see the same battery use as when it's set to off, because it is off.

Just having the hardware there saps battery, even if it's not in active use.

It's unfortunate. and I agree that if you have a BT and LTE watch both set to aeroplane mode they *should* have the same battery life... but that's just not how it works. Besides, the whole point of the LTE model is that it's always connected even when not paired to a phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If it's set to auto and always connected to your phone, you should see the same battery use as when it's set to off, because it is off.

It's unfortunate. and I agree that if you have a BT and LTE watch both set to aeroplane mode they *should* have the same battery life... but that's just not how it works. Besides, the whole point of the LTE model is that it's always connected even when not paired to a phone.
I've never turned my LTE off on my watches as you said the point is to be connected when you go without the phone. So I don't know if battery life gets better with LTE off.

I just know the watch 5 pro can go 2 to 3 days on a charge, that wasn't possible with the watch 4. If a person is willing to turn LTE off to get better battery life then they should just get the Bluetooth version since they were willing to turn the only benefit of LTE version off.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've never turned my LTE off on my watches as you said the point is to be connected when you go without the phone. So I don't know if battery life gets better with LTE off.

I just know the watch 5 pro can go 2 to 3 days on a charge, that wasn't possible with the watch 4. If a person is willing to turn LTE off to get better battery life then they should just get the Bluetooth version since they were willing to turn the only benefit of LTE version off.

Couldn't agree more. I've got the bluetooth version because for me, the LTE version would just be money for old rope. Besides anything else, only one carrier even supports eSIM over here.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I tried off and auto to see if it made a difference and it didn't. I usually leave it set to auto so when I dont have my phone I still get everything. I don't think I've se3n that big of a difference tho in previous samsung lte watches.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried off and auto to see if it made a difference and it didn't. I usually leave it set to auto so when I dont have my phone I still get everything. I don't think I've se3n that big of a difference tho in previous samsung lte watches.
I've always noticed a decent difference between LTE and Bluetooth battery usage on Samsung watches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds