Battery Indicator/Percentage: On or Off?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you keep your battery percentage indicator on or off? I feel like I need to keep it on; otherwise I'd always wonder about the *exact* state of my battery. ;)

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'll have to figure how to do that, because I have no idea (new to Android). For now, I have a widget that tells me the percentage and that pleases me. It's a weather widget but I love that it tells me the battery too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They're subjective, but a couple could be;
1. Less space used on the notification tray
2. Less concern/worry about the charge level (ex. some feel angst seeing the percentage drop while using the device, compared to just a general battery icon that isn't as precise)

You raise an excellent point. I do get antsy when I see my battery percentage dropping while it is in use... Maybe I should turn it off and see if it helps alleviate that uneasiness. After all, there are bigger worries to have in life, yes? ;)

David Roberts 2

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Well the battery percentage indicator is good, however the idea of seeing it is not good. It does have benefits though to it. Just keep it on and see if you don't charge all day if you do then turn it off.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Off. It's a good enough representation of remaining battery life, and should I want more information it's just a swipe and a tap away.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've always left a numerical indicator of some kind on - the default one, or something put up by a custom ROM I'm using. Since you shouldn't let the battery drop below 40%, you have to know when it's there.

I have enough space on my notification bar to leave it there, and it doesn't cost enough in battery to worry about.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I used to get anxiety over seeing my percentage drop so now I leave it off. I'm now not constantly looking at it and worrying about how much usage I'm getting.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Doof that I am, I leave the battery indicator on even though I use a clock widget that provides both a numerical and a graphical indicator of battery strength. The system bar just wouldn't look right without it.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I leave it on...would drive me crazy not knowing exactly where my battery is at lol

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine is off. I have a general idea as to where I am at with regards to time left. And most often than not, I'm in a position to be able to charge the phone and keep it at above or close to 90% battery life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hczghsgemwwin