Bionic and Outlook

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to help - can you let me know what the specific issue is? Also, if you can share your setup (phone model - though I assume it's the Bionic, software you want to sync to, etc) that'd be helpful!

- David

Hello bionicdr,

Thank you for posting. I would like to help. I want to make sure I understand how you wish to configure the SW so I am going to restate it back using some very specific dialog:

Congfig:
CompanionLink build 5004
DejaOffice v 1.12.3
Android Device and OS ??? (Please respond with the specific info.)

A couple of things to note. If you change the Sync Method, you must do a Purge and Reload all on the next Sync. CompanionLink is not designed to randomly change the Sync method for a Sync profile, and doing that will cause a number of undesired results that lead to pretty complicated technical issues.

Can you please fill out the following items so I can be sure I understand you correctly:
Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Bionic
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro / wifi
Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ACT 2011

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Google
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companikonlink pro
Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ACT 2011
(this one is one way sync to google, only to eliminate duplicates)

Since I'm shooting for a purple sky here it would be wonderful If I could also sync my Nook (android Froyo)

I also have an exchange account on the phone, it only syncs back to outlook, I have yet to figure out how to send an appointment via deja Office calendar.

Thanks for your attempt to help.

Please respond with this information filed out and I can advise you what expected behavior is, and how to configure CompanionLink to what you want it to do, if it is possible.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
It looks like you've posted both here and in our DejaOffice forums. In the interest of keeping things simple, I'm going to ask you to watch for Thomas's reply in the DejaOffice forums - it should make it easier for all involved! If anyone else is interested, the thread can be found here.

- David

lmnop01

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and set you up with one! Enter 10BIONIC in the Affinity Code field when you check out to get $10 off.

This code is open to anyone and valid until October 1, 2011. Feel free to pass it along!

- David Z.

David,
I've been on the trial of CompanionLink since picking up my Razr on Friday, it's working GREAT!, A few of us are looking to purchase Companionlink.

How about a renew on the discount code??

Thanks!!!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this program and downloaded the free app for my Droid Bionic. It was easy to set up but it only worked for one Sync and then refused to connect the phone and PC through my network. I went through all of the help FAQ (nothing suggested worked) and then sent an email Tech Support request last Fri/Sat. Got an email response Monday morning with a copy of the same FAQ that didn't work. For me this program is a bust. The most positive event with this company was the cheerful and quick refund of my money. For me this program is definitely not ready for prime time.

aaronanovitz

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello David

I just downloaded and started using your program yesterday and I could use some assistance while I'm testing it out.

Can it be setup to automatically sync with the native contacts and calendar programs or do you have to use the read android data action after syncing with DejaOffice?

Thanks

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Hello David

I just downloaded and started using your program yesterday and I could use some assistance while I'm testing it out.

Can it be setup to automatically sync with the native contacts and calendar programs or do you have to use the read android data action after syncing with DejaOffice?

Thanks

How it works actually depends on your setup. Anytime you add data to DejaOffice, we'll update the native account(s) you're syncing with. When you may changes in the native account(s), however, that data is not automatically sent to DejaOffice.

If you're syncing with your computer via USB, WiFi, or Secure Hosted sync with CompanionLink, we'll sync updates with the native account(s) every time you sync with CompanionLink. It's just part of the sync process.

If, however, you're not syncing with CompanionLink, or are syncing via Google, you'll need to use the "Read Android Data" button to update DejaOffice with changes from the native accounts. You can read more about the entire process here: http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Android_Native_Account_Settings

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

- David

aaronanovitz

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi David I'm using a USB sync and so far everythign seems to work well. It seems that Deja Office syncs with outlook and then it syncs internally with the main contact and calendar applications on the droid razr, is this normal? Btw when you refer to a native account I'm not really sure what you're referring to, sorry very new to android.

Any chance of another discount code btw since i'm almost out of the trial period?

Thanks

aaron

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
The sync you described above is normal - we bring the data into DejaOffice, then sync it internally with the main contact and calendar applications (these are the ones I have referred to as "native"). If you have any other questions on this process, or the app/sync in general just let me know - I'm here to help!

As for a discount code, go ahead and use 10LESSNOW11 through Dec. 15th. If you still need one after that, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

- David

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred