Broke my Note 5

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a case or screen protector or insurance, and have never cracked a phone or had a phone be ineligible for an AT&T Next trade-in.

In almost every instance I read of where someone has broken a phone, they were doing something that I would regard as obviously too risky (such as keeping a phone in sweatpants pockets while leaving or entering a car).

You just jinxed yourself.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I like to use a holster, usually a belt clip leather which I'm using for the Note 5 currently.

In all my years of no case, I've NEVER cracked a screen or phone! However, I'm a little concerned with this phone as it appears to be mostly GLASS!

I looked at the Otterbox Defender but it has a plastic screen cover which takes away from the wonderful screen on the Note 5.

Also the Supcase... same issue.

I need a drop protective case with belt clip holster.

Any other suggestions?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like to use a holster, usually a belt clip leather which I'm using for the Note 5 currently.

In all my years of no case, I've NEVER cracked a screen or phone! However, I'm a little concerned with this phone as it appears to be mostly GLASS!

I looked at the Otterbox Defender but it has a plastic screen cover which takes away from the wonderful screen on the Note 5.

Any other suggestions?

Seidio Dilex

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Any other suggestions?

If you like the Otterbox just pop out the plastic screen protector and you can still use a glass one. Best protection for both.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If you like the Otterbox just pop out the plastic screen protector and you can still use a glass one. Best protection for both.

Thank you! Just one quick question as I was looking at this alternative.

What ballistic glass would you use as a replacement? I also don't want to 'stick/adhere' the ballistic glass to the Note 5's screen.

Can you simply buy a, say, Tech Armor (or another mfg'ers glass) and install this into the Otterbox Defender and use as a cover?

What glass would you recommend to simply install into the Defender?

BTW, I've done a lot of searches but have come up empty.

Appreciate!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
How else would it stay on the phone? The "adhesive" they use is so light, that it will not hurt the screen.

I thought you could simply slip the glass into the same case as the plastic screen once removed... comes from.

My bad! I'm just not used to these cases. Especially when Samsung and Apple have streamlined and slimmed their phones for aesthetic and marketing purposes.

Then only to have to be COVERED by cases.

Tech Armor glass... recommended?

Or another company's ballistic glass?

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I thought you could simply slip the glass into the same case as the plastic screen once removed... comes from.

My bad! I'm just not used to these cases. Especially when Samsung and Apple have streamlined and slimmed their phones for aesthetic and marketing purposes.

Then only to have to be COVERED by cases.

Tech Armor glass... recommended?

Or another company's ballistic glass?

This one should work just fine Premium HD Clear Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | eBay

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Seidio dilex. Lip is above screen for protection, double hulled, magnetic kickstand. Does not interfere with witeless. You will need to buy screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Just one quick question as I was looking at this alternative.

What ballistic glass would you use as a replacement? I also don't want to 'stick/adhere' the ballistic glass to the Note 5's screen.

Can you simply buy a, say, Tech Armor (or another mfg'ers glass) and install this into the Otterbox Defender and use as a cover?

What glass would you recommend to simply install into the Defender?

BTW, I've done a lot of searches but have come up empty.

Appreciate!

Zagg invisishield is what I use because they have the best warranty. Tempered glass