buy a note 4 in september 2016

lefils

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't have a phone for 1 month. My previous one was the note 4, I was happy with it.
I'm afraid to buy the note 7 regarding the battery (I feel that Samsung will screw us by selling a phone with a poor battery capacity).
Would you suggest me to to buy a note 4 right now ? If not, what would be your choice ?

regards

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
the note 4 holds up well when compared to the newest phones on the market, however I would not be afraid to purchase the note 7 after this battery fix. Im still using the note4 and it works great and I don't use the pen that much, however I like the larger display ...I think the 7 though is a tiny bit smaller due the lack of bezels on the vertical sides

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my note 4 for the s7 edge, so far I love the edge. Only downsides are cases and screen protectors. The only 2 cases that I can recommend after doing my own research and using them for a month is the supcase unicorn beetle and the speck military grade clear case. Screen protector wise I'm still researching as the edge screen can cause issues.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've gone from the Note 4 to Note 7. Battery life in Note 7 is much better - even after replacing the battery in the Note 4.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can get used Note 4s on Swappa for about 200 bucks and no contract commitment is required for that price. Depending on your circumstances, it might be worth doing that if you are looking for a solid, reliable workhorse of a phone that will easily get you another year of service, and likely even longer if you are okay with having an "older" OS - because there is no way the Note 4 is going to get Nougat (at least not officially).

However, if you are looking to commit to a two-year deal with a phone, the Note 4 would probably not be the best choice. I'd choose something a little more likely to get at least Nougat if not a shot at whatever "O" is going to be called.

I'm sure the Note 7 is going to be perfectly fine once the battery hoo-haa settles. Having said that, I've already burned through two batteries on the Note 4 and I am not convinced that sealed-in batteries are somehow chemically better than replaceable ones, so they are good for about 300-500 cycles, which is between under a year to about two years depending on your use - and I'm a heavy phone user. That's why I'm still on the Note 4 - I don't want to have to dig into a sealed case to swap a battery a year from now to get my second year out of a device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn