Buyers advice

studoubletwo

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
hi all

Long time Nexus 7 2012 user and just before upgrading to a nexus 7 2013 I saw how nice a 10 inch was when my wife bought an air (still don't like the OS but that's another story)

Looking online I can pretty much get the nexus 10 for about ?20 more than a 2nd gen 7. Found this online - Samsung Google Nexus 10 16GB WiFi Tablet PCs + Generic Folding Case (White) - Tablet | Sale on Tablet PCs . It is a bit implicit whether this is a brand new one but nothing tells me otherwise. While not the most known retailer, they do take paypal so that puts a lot of my worries to rest.

Few questions really - (i did check other threads but most have very confusing answers)

- Can anyone find the pogo pin cable for charging the tablet? Looked on ebay but cant find it, heard it was nicer to charge with it -can only find it on Magnector N10 website

- Does the 10 support miracast and slimport adapters - main reason i'm getting it is to mirror (not stream) the screen, my 1st gen 7 doesn't allow for either

- any alternate vendors are appreciated but UK sellers are preferred.

- Anything else I should worry about?

thanks in advance :)

Traldera

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If you can mate wait until Google IO, its expected to be the last real chance at the tablet being replaced (or supplanted by Google Silver devices), so the more genuine looking sites will likely price drop.

I think most of the market is betting on something happening as the GN10s have been having heavy reductions across the board over the last 2 months in the UK

studoubletwo

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
When is google IO?

The websites I have seen are a bit sketchy with the 2nd gen N10, know anything I don't? What is a silver device?

I'm now swinging to a 2nd gen N7, it looks so nice and I do love my N7. All i'm really upgrading for is miracast but the new hardware will be nice too as my N7 has a fair bit of screen lift. Basically I think I want both new N7 and N10! Which wouldn't be a problem money wise but I do like to space out my purchases.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 10 has a mini hdmi port. So that would be your best option to mirror the screen. I believe miracast is supported since android 4.3. I think I tested it out on my new tv that supports it. I tried several devices once I realized the tv could do it. Miracast may not be a very good option though depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

At this point I would wait at least till Google IO. The talk is a new HTC based nexus tablet on a 8" Form factor.And no doubt it will be the best nexus yet.

The N10 is still a great tab but is starting to get a little aged now. It was released over a year and half ago and we are finally starting to see the majority of the tab being improved upon by new devices. Still not sure I would feel a need to replace mine for specs, but a similarly spec'd in a 8" Form factor may be enough to get me.

Posted via Android Central App

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My guess is we will not see a new nexus 10. Rather we will see one more nexus tablet in the 8 inch form factor. After that Android Silver devices will supplant the need for a Nexus device.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88