Calls go directly to voicemail randomly

lvdave

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted LG Optimus V with Cyanogenmod 7.2.0.rc1-backside-iho rom. In a seemingly random manner, incoming calls to the phone do not ring the phone and go directly to voicemail, annoying to no end when my wife is trying to call me. The phone at these times is sleeping, and if I wake the phone up, I see, for a moment on the main screen "no service".. which makes me suspect the phone thinks its in "airplane mode".. This does not happen all the time, just enough to be highly annoying.. When the problem is not occurring, and I wake the phone up, I see "virginmobile" immediately vs "no service"... What's going on here??

LVDave

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen in areas where you're certain you have a good signal? If service is spotty in your area, it's always possible you're missing those calls when you're in a little service black hole.

Or maybe an issue with your ROM? Can you flash a different ROM, or possibly go back to stock temporarily, to see if it keeps happening?

Toni Szot

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My Optimus V is unrooted. It has been sending a lot of calls directly to voicemail the past month (I've had the phone 2 years). None of the locations have changed.

lvdave

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Las Vegas, and Sprint/VM seems to have really good coverage in the areas of town I frequent. When I wake the phone up and see a "no-service" indication, once the phone reacquires service, I'm seeing nearly full-bars on the signal strength indicator. I don't have any way to go back to stock rom, but since the Cyanogenmod version I'm using is pretty old, I was thinking of updating it to the latest version and see if that fixes the problem. I like the phone, it's cheap and does everything I need it to do, with the
exception of these hiccups..

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Right now the MiRaGe Rom is the most stable for our phone , plus the dev is still lookin after it for us.

Thanks mrg666 for a fantastic rom!

lvdave

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Right now the MiRaGe Rom is the most stable for our phone , plus the dev is still lookin after it for us.

I read the AndroidCentral Forums article on the Mirage rom, and since it appears to be based on the CM7-IHO code, I *assume* it includes the wifi tether functionality that the Cyanogenmod 7.2.0.rc1-backside-iho rom I'm currently running has.. The info on the forum article never indicated whether this is included on Mirage.. For me, this functionality is a gotta-have, as I use this feature nearly daily. Please advise if this is included in Mirage.

Thanks
Dave