Can T-Mobile Note 2 be unlocked and used on Verizon?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
http://s23.postimg.org/deadbocyj/2013_04_25_20_52_34.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/7kfn39v2f/2013_04_25_20_28_44.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/4jg27c4b5/2013_04_26_01_27_41.jpg

my apologies to the community if i came off as a a$?h0le

ford, gm, honda, toyota all make different types of vehicles .. these vehicles have different catagories/class levels according to the accomadations and features given one class vs another (ss, ex, lx, dx) to save money the manufacturers create a base model to which all of the connectrs ,mounting holes and everything else but only choose to put the features on the certin class of the car... because the assembly line is less complicated this way andit saves them money youcan get the stock foglights and plug the directly to your car even if your car never came with them it still has the fuse location and probobly wires/plugs for it .. samsung did the same thing with thier phone you know howmuch more it would cost to create a different phone for each carrier all over the world? the phones all rolled off the same assembly line with different software configs to utilize only a certin band/freq for the perticuler carrier it was for but thats not to say the radio is incapable of global mode cdma/gsm ect

Little known secret about CDMA networks. Unless the phone's ESN number is in Verizon's or Sprint's phone database. It isn't getting on the network. No way, no how. You are better off teaching the dead how to tap dance, before Sprint or Verizon, brings a non company phone on there network. It is also how these 2 carriers can shut down a stolen phone so fast too. CDMA primary phones with GSM world radios in them are CDMA primary which is how they get activated, not by the GSM radios. So can you get a TMobile phone to work on Verizon,. no you can't

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
He is right about Sprint/Verizon not allowing new IMEIs on the network, but if you have one from when you signed up your service (might I recommend getting a free phone of a similar manufacturer or finding a cheep Verizon phone to hijack it's IMEI) you can program that IMEI into your Note 2 with a little web learning and you should be good to go. I did this with my GS3 and it worked with lots of different carriers both CDMA and GSM, but you DO have to have a device registered with Verizon and use that IMEI number or they will block you from the network. Cheers.

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
He is right about Sprint/Verizon not allowing new IMEIs on the network, but if you have one from when you signed up your service (might I recommend getting a free phone of a similar manufacturer or finding a cheep Verizon phone to hijack it's IMEI) you can program that IMEI into your Note 2 with a little web learning and you should be good to go. I did this with my GS3 and it worked with lots of different carriers both CDMA and GSM, but you DO have to have a device registered with Verizon and use that IMEI number or they will block you from the network. Cheers.

Can you point me in the right direction to doing this IMEI hijacking?

fruithead

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to know more info. I have a perfectly legal 4g lte Verizon phone with a sim card. I would like to buy the quasar 4 phone which will be coming later this year. however this phone will not officially be allowed on the Verizon network. if I can use the numbers from my current phone with my new phone that would be great.

all help much appreciated.

thank you.

klinetree

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked
Please, forgive my lack of sophistication with these matters, but if your response proves true, it is the answer to my quandary. I too have a Verizon Samsung Note II and my wife has the S4. Both are 4GLTE with SIM cards. Have been inquiring about a change to TMobile and get differing advise. TMobile rep states the phones need to be "unlocked" before we can sign up and when we went to the Verizon store we're told that phones need to be "flashed" and Verizon doesn't do this service despite the fact we are in good standing. He actually stated that "flashing" was illegal. I'm not exactly a "babe in the woods" but I have found what appears to be a reputable business that charges to flash the phone as opposed to doing on my own (which would be a very tentative act). Now per your post, I might not need to do at all? Are these reps just not UTD. Sincerely appreciate your listening and any help.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked
Please, forgive my lack of sophistication with these matters, but if your response proves true, it is the answer to my quandary. I too have a Verizon Samsung Note II and my wife has the S4. Both are 4GLTE with SIM cards. Have been inquiring about a change to TMobile and get differing advise. TMobile rep states the phones need to be "unlocked" before we can sign up and when we went to the Verizon store we're told that phones need to be "flashed" and Verizon doesn't do this service despite the fact we are in good standing. He actually stated that "flashing" was illegal. I'm not exactly a "babe in the woods" but I have found what appears to be a reputable business that charges to flash the phone as opposed to doing on my own (which would be a very tentative act). Now per your post, I might not need to do at all? Are these reps just not UTD. Sincerely appreciate your listening and any help.

That is incorrect. Carriers like at&t lock their devices to keep you on their network. I have an at&t Note II and it was locked. I put a T-Mobile sim card and it did ask for the unlock code. I did get it unlocked and att usually gives you the unlock code if your acct is in good standing and you had the phone with them for more than 6 months.
I'm sure that the other carriers have some kind of lock/unlock policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Shawn Boswell

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Keep on believing that crap you just spewed. 1 AT&T's LTE is on 700 mhz where TMobile had no 700 mhz band to speak of. Majority of TMobiles hspa+ frequencies are on the AWS band where AT&T'S frequencies are on 1900/850 mhz. TMobile got some 1900 freq from AT&T but guess what, it is not nationwide. Why do you think most who took a phone from AT&T and put it on TMobile were only getting edge speeds. Oh by the way, AWS band for TMobile is 1700/2100 mhz . Next time check your facts before you talk, that way you won't stick both feet in your mouth. Oh by the way, Sprint and Verizon primary frequencies are used in CDMA for the 3G, Verizon users 850 Mhz for 3g and 700 mHz for there LTE, Sprint uses 1900 for LTE and 3g. And in some areas use 800 smr band for 1xAdvance CDMA. Even though both have a sim card, 1 they don't have tmobiles frequencies in them for the States and vice versa and 2 If the phones aren't in Sprint's or Verizon's database by way of esn. They don't get activated on the network. I like to see you try. And the sim card in sprints version of the note 2 is inbeded in the phone. Case in point. I have the sprint note 2.

....dude u definitely don't know what you're talking about !!! U can run a verizon note 2 using gsm witch is t-mobile, AT&T, metro pcs ect...one u can change the band's up in the service mode manually !!!! Set your apn settings and lock in2 global mode..so maybe u need 2do ur homework before u stick ur foot in ur month !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
....dude u definitely don't know what you're talking about !!! U can run a verizon note 2 using gsm witch is t-mobile, AT&T, metro pcs ect...one u can change the band's up in the service mode manually !!!! Set your apn settings and lock in2 global mode..so maybe u need 2do ur homework before u stick ur foot in ur month !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hate to tell you this but at the time of the post which was over 3 years ago, you couldn't,you bringing up a since long dead post so maybe you should reread. Then MetroPCS wasn't part of t-mobile and still cdma. Do make sure you read the dates before you tell someone they are wrong and you and up sticking your foot in your mouth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter