Charging Issue

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there. For the last couple of days I have not been able to charge with a cable. Noticed my Android Auto was not connecting and thought it might be my head unit. Well, the phone won't charge with the samsung brick and cord that came with the phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Did the restart, changed chargers and tried safe mode. No charging when plugged in. It will charge wirelessly.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have a bad charging port. Sounds funny that a port would go bad so early.

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you have lint stuck in the port? That will keep the charger from making a connection. You can get it out with a toothpick, nothing metal.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you check for pocket lint or dust in you phones port? Worth a try my apple devices always attracted dust bunnies for some reason

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So, just to update everyone....I called Samsung and they referred me to ubreakfix. They inspected the phone and said the port was clean and in pristine condition. They also noted zero water damage. Said there was no software problem and recommended I call Samsung for a replacement device. I am on the phone with Samsung now and they are offering me the chance to mail this back for repair only. Am pushing for a supervisor to speak with me. So, 7 weeks in Samsung wants me to go without a phone for who knows how long......if they don't replace I am moving to Apple. Samsung not looking so hot in my eyes at the moment......

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
So, just to update everyone....I called Samsung and they referred me to ubreakfix. They inspected the phone and said the port was clean and in pristine condition. They also noted zero water damage. Said there was no software problem and recommended I call Samsung for a replacement device. I am on the phone with Samsung now and they are offering me the chance to mail this back for repair only. Am pushing for a supervisor to speak with me. So, 7 weeks in Samsung wants me to go without a phone for who knows how long......if they don't replace I am moving to Apple. Samsung not looking so hot in my eyes at the moment......
That sucks. I will say this that is one way Apple definitely beats Samsung in my opinion. This happens with an iPhone and apple has their stores to either fix or they just replace the unit same day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon