Delay in downloaded pics to appear

ariesguy_86

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I'm new here and hope you masters can help me in solving my issue.

I'm using a samsung galaxy note 2, and just recently I've noticed that whenever I download a pic from the Internet using any browser, the pic does not seem to immediately appear under the "Downloads" folder. It takes up almost 30 mins sometimes to show up. But when I browse thru "My Files", I can find the downloaded picture there.

I've gone thru some related post with regards to this, they say apps such as "Mediascan" and "Quickpic" is an alternate method to solve this. But, my question is why is this taking place only on the browser downloaded pics? My other pics folders works perfectly alright.

For info, I'm not using any sd card at the moment. Hence all is being saved under my internal memory.

Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I'm new here and hope you masters can help me in solving my issue.

I'm using a samsung galaxy note 2, and just recently I've noticed that whenever I download a pic from the Internet using any browser, the pic does not seem to immediately appear under the "Downloads" folder. It takes up almost 30 mins sometimes to show up. But when I browse thru "My Files", I can find the downloaded picture there.

I've gone thru some related post with regards to this, they say apps such as "Mediascan" and "Quickpic" is an alternate method to solve this. But, my question is why is this taking place only on the browser downloaded pics? My other pics folders works perfectly alright.

For info, I'm not using any sd card at the moment. Hence all is being saved under my internal memory.

Thank you.

I have noticed the same issue and just assumed it was a quirk. I usually download a pic and then go check my email and by the time I am done, it's in the downloaded folder in the gallery. I look forward to hearing a solution to this as well.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me all the time when I am taking notes in s note. Really annoying, but I deal with it. Someone's I just go to the gallery and refresh it.

Shean P

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this too, it's very frustrating!!! I only see it with Google apps like Chrome and Drive. Downloaded images from other apps and stock browser show up immediately like they should. I hope there's a fix for this soon!

ariesguy_86

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm using this app called "Rescan Media". Once I save a pic from browser, I immediately press the app. Takes a few mins to load the saved pic into the "Downloads" folder. But still, there is no proper solutions for this issue :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02