Did you test your upload speed on 3g?

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
DG27 Here.

This sucks. I sold my evo for this phone. I would've kept it had I knew about this cap! Now the Evos are impossible to find. A phone is only as good as it's network. These upload speeds are ridiculous.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint today (explained I have an evo in my right hand, an epic in my left), and sure enough epic never uploads > 155.

They basically said not their problem if the evo uploads fine, and they can't open tickets for mfg problems, and I should call samsung.

Has anyone called samsung yet?

Mike

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint today (explained I have an evo in my right hand, an epic in my left), and sure enough epic never uploads > 155.

They basically said not their problem if the evo uploads fine, and they can't open tickets for mfg problems, and I should call samsung.

Has anyone called samsung yet?

Mike

LOL, I really don't think this is Samsung's problem.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just opened a case with Samsung.

They said the problem must be with Sprint, because they don't cap their phones.

I said I called sprint, and they blamed Samsung.

Let the finger pointing begin.

Here's something interesting: The rep had an epic in his hand, was nice enough to download speedtest.net app, and do 3 tests. Each, on 3g, waster than 155: 280, 160, 220.

So, either it's not ALL phones, or not ALL locations.

Hmm.

Mike

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just opened a case with Samsung.

They said the problem must be with Sprint, because they don't cap their phones.

I said I called sprint, and they blamed Samsung.

Let the finger pointing begin.

Here's something interesting: The rep had an epic in his hand, was nice enough to download speedtest.net app, and do 3 tests. Each, on 3g, waster than 155: 280, 160, 220.

So, either it's not ALL phones, or not ALL locations.

Hmm.

Mike

Still F'ing slow.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
While this kinda bugs me, I still dont see any issues or differences with data useage when compared to other smartphones I have had. I also am able to use qik with a normal signal just fine(1-3 bar range). Thats not to say I dont think its a problem because I do think its a problem.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I only have 2 bars where I'm at right now, but ~700 kbps down and 149 Kbps up. I've honestly never worried about uploads on a phone since my blackberrys always felt way to slow to do anything online, but if EVOs are getting triple the speed this is definitely an issue.

ap77

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I only have 2 bars where I'm at right now, but ~700 kbps down and 149 Kbps up. I've honestly never worried about uploads on a phone since my blackberrys always felt way to slow to do anything online, but if EVOs are getting triple the speed this is definitely an issue.

There is definitely something wrong here. My guess is that the problem is on Samsung's end because it would be odd for Sprint to cripple just the upload speed just on one phone (its new flagship to boot).

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
IMHO the evo is still sprints flagship. I see the commercials for it all the time, but rarely if ever see commercials for the epic.

rmartin

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
150Kbps here too. I can't even do that Qik livestream like they show on the Sprint commercial. Its at the lowest setting but as soon as it says connected the video chops up so bad its unusable. Qik video chat is a joke too, I've also tried Fring and its not much better. This 150Kbps is a load of crap.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely something wrong here. My guess is that the problem is on Samsung's end because it would be odd for Sprint to cripple just the upload speed just on one phone (its new flagship to boot).

Sprint has reasons to cripple the phone, Samsung does not. From what I've seen on other carriers, it's never the manufacturer of the phone that cripples the phone or data intensive programs. It's always the carrier. Usually to avoid overloading of the network.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
1.87mbps down and .57mbps up on 3g. Haven't noticed a difference between the epic and my old pre on 3g.

4g on the other hand, flies.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia