Does there exist a GOOD minimalistic case?

kaitlyn2004

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Nexus 4 and after having screen protectors on it (which eventually peeled + replaced) I evetnaully just gave up and went bare. I stopped caring - but of course now the screen does have a bunch of scratches + body damage.

The Note 4 was of course much more expensive and wondering if I should go back to square 1 and protect it. Thing is, It is big enough as-is and I REALLY don't want a bulky case that is just going to make it even less enjoyable to use/carry around.

So are there any good cases/covers/etc. that take up very little bulk?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you consider "good", but I've always had fairly decent luck with cheap TPU-style cases from eBay. Generally $5 or less, minimal bulk, some (not much) impact protection, and protect against scratches.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a clear Rinke Shock Fusion (or something like that) and its been good. Clear plastic. Thin. My phone slid off the hood of my car and no dings anywhere. About $10 on Ebay.

SGN4 :-D

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would also recommend a tempered glass screen protector. They are more money then the plastic film ones, but I've found them for around $10 on eBay. The advantage is they don't peel like the plastic ones do, and they feel like your phone's screen - smooth, no weird textures or anything. Plus if you drop your phone the glass screen protector probably will shatter - but you've got a very good chance that the phone's screen itself will be fine. For $10 (cheap eBay ones) up to around $30 (brand name, probably with a good warranty), it's a pretty good investment for an expensive device.

I'd rather spend a bit more on the screen protector, and a bit less on the case, but that's my opinion (based on my usage). Different people's needs/wants/usage will vary.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I need a case too. I bought the Spigen neo crap and that's just too bulky. I can't use it with the car mount I have or charge the phone with the case on using the 1.8mtr USB cable I've been using. Am sending it back and looking for something less bulky. Don't want to go naked with my investment.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Nexus 4 and after having screen protectors on it (which eventually peeled + replaced) I evetnaully just gave up and went bare. I stopped caring - but of course now the screen does have a bunch of scratches + body damage.

The Note 4 was of course much more expensive and wondering if I should go back to square 1 and protect it. Thing is, It is big enough as-is and I REALLY don't want a bulky case that is just going to make it even less enjoyable to use/carry around.

So are there any good cases/covers/etc. that take up very little bulk?

If by "good," you mean offers excellent protection and still has no bulk or weight, I'd say no. It is always going to be a trade-off between protection vs additional bulk/weight. Some of those very slim cases (Like s-view) aren't good for much in terms of impact protection, but at least there is a cover to protect the screen in purses and pockets. (Add a screen protector...)

Try the Spigen Slim Armor. It has a pretty good rep. I'm happier with the Tough Armor, personally, but...

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The tactical tech 21 case is amazing, and I consider it thin enough. Plus, check out all the YouTube videos of people dropping and throwing their phones inside Tech 21 cases

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the stock Samsung Note 4 protective cover in blue Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Protective Cover - Retail Packaging - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories[/url]

Ditto this. I have the grey/black version and it is perfect. it also works great with the seidio surface clip.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung protective case. Slim fitting, and decent protection. Not the slimmest out there though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the Tech 21 case is the best thin case available. It provides just enough clearance to allow the back camera to not touch the surface when the phone is on it's back.

I can't imagine any other case being this thin, while still offering this much protection:

http://youtu.be/j4uMTZWh0Rc

Attachments

• 1418189671419.jpg
    1418189671419.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 1418189680097.jpg
    1418189680097.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 1418189694887.jpg
    1418189694887.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 73

TheGauntlet

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I hate to sound like a me-too, but my Samsung Note 4 Blue Protective cover just came today and as Flossy says, "It's a Go!". It's hard to swallow a $14 premium over the Diztronic for essentially the same level of protection and function. However the phone costs $750 and it looks 200% better. Let's face it we all want to use the Note 4 naked. It's much sexier that way. But it's not smart and we all know how it feels to forget your pocket is open and have it spill out on asphalt. Ouch. This case looks like Samsung sold an "Activ" version of the phone. You won't look like a doofus rocking this case unlike 99% of the others out there. I am not a paid spokesman for Samsung or anyone else for that matter. Just a thrifty yankee who hates to waste money or look goofy. By the way, this is 2014, do not carry your phone in a plastic belt holster. Not only will you not get laid, you might get shot.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Tech21 case, but it was a little big for me at work.
So I also ordered and just received a really minimalistic case from Noreve. It's a real leather case that barely covers the phone, but will give some protection with the lip around the edge and also for the camera lens on the back. These are made to order (you pick the leather style and color) so it took about 3½ weeks to get it (made in France). Price includes quick delivery by DHL and there are some discount coupon codes on the Web.
This is a really high quality product that might protect the Note from certain drops, and it's as minimalistic a case as I have seen.
Here's the link in case anyone is interested in this:
http://www.noreve.com/en/samsung/29...e.html?search_query=samsung+note+4&results=34

EDIT: The glass screen protector pictured on my device below is BodyGuardz Pure with no "halo effect"!

Attachments

• 5486.jpg
    5486.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 5494.jpg
    5494.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 5496.jpg
    5496.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 5495.jpg
    5495.jpg