DROID 2.1 Update thread.

xpedient#AC

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Install went well all except for the 3d gallery, every time I try access it , I get a force close error ? Any else having any problems. Thanks for your help in advanced

kkuramura

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
argh, big problem guys. I applied the manual update, which seemed to go fine, but now it won't boot! It gets to the eye for a while, then goes back to drawing out "droid" and back to the eye. I have to battery pull or it goes on forever (presumably... I've let it repeat like 10 times).

I tried the official download first. Then I tried the mobileworldbuzz mirror, with exactly the same results: update seemed to go fine, but boot loops. Do I have any options besides factory reset? Thanks.

nolescorp

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been lurking here for some time - manually updated today to 2.1 with success. Thanks for the great thread with easy instructions. Haven't had any problems so far...

coatlegs

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Install went well all except for the 3d gallery, every time I try access it , I get a force close error ? Any else having any problems. Thanks for your help in advanced

The only problem I had with the gallery was the app icon. The regular icon was gone and replaced with a generic android one and when I tried to open it it said that gallery was not installed. Funny thing is it was in the app drawer and opened fine from there. Just removed the app shortcut and replaced it and it worked fine.

Not sure if that helps you, but there you go.

mudfinger

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Could someone that actually got the OTA update, post that they did , location and time?
Everyone on this thread seems to have updated manually.

kkuramura

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Will not boot!

argh, big problem guys. I applied the manual update, which seemed to go fine, but now it won't boot! It gets to the eye for a while, then goes back to drawing out "droid" and back to the eye. I have to battery pull or it goes on forever (presumably... I've let it repeat like 10 times).

I tried the official download first. Then I tried the mobileworldbuzz mirror, with exactly the same results: update seemed to go fine, but boot loops. Do I have any options besides factory reset? Thanks.

From the comments on the guide post, looks like there are at least three of us with this issue. Please offer suggestions!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
and here we have definitive proof that 2.1 doesn't make you smarter. :)

It's not really that different. Some wallpapers, speech t text and pinch to zoom, and the gallery is better. Don't get me wrong, these things are good, but it's not like its a ground up rebuild of the OS folks.

Now where are my 4th and 5th screens? <sigh> That's the one feature I really wanted.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

When I did the update, it hung up at the eye for about 5 minutes, but I let it sit and it eventually booted up nice. I'm not suggesting you haven't tried, but maybe wait it out to see if it needs an extra bit of time for boot up, then try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
2.1 email yahoo

Anybody running into trouble with there yahoo email with 2.1 i thought they were suppose to be able to just give user name and password and your done.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
When I did the update, it hung up at the eye for about 5 minutes, but I let it sit and it eventually booted up nice. I'm not suggesting you haven't tried, but maybe wait it out to see if it needs an extra bit of time for boot up, then try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Mine hung for a much longer period than normal after first booting into the update. However I've restarted several times afterwards to see if it happened again and boot time has returned to right about normal, so no issues here.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Is that push email?

Is that through the OEM "email" application, the one that didn't used to work for umm, nothing...

quinceya1013

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I updated and love it. A little bummed about the extra screens and choices of live wallpapers but im happy. My market still works jus fine. I just wanna see flash and extra screens in the next update. I love android tech so far. Im still thinkin N1 switch for the summer

jflora80

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered already but can I download the update.zip direct to my phone instead of going though my computer. My ex-dog got ahold of my charger so now all i have is the cradle charger but no way to hook it to my computer?

coatlegs

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered already but can I download the update.zip direct to my phone instead of going though my computer. My ex-dog got ahold of my charger so now all i have is the cradle charger but no way to hook it to my computer?

yes. you just need to use an app like astro to move it to the root of your sd card and rename if necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus