Droid MAXX with White Status Bar- Still 4.4

blakepope

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not incredibly versed in the matter here, but last night I clicked on my phone's check for update feature and it actually had one. I knew that we were upgrading to 4.4.2 soon, but I didn't know when. So I installed the update. When the update finished and I could play with my phone again I noticed that we finally had the white icon bars, but I was still on 4.4 when I checked. As far as I'm concerned I wasn't invited to SOAK test the new OS although I am a member of the Motorola Feedback Community. Any thoughts?

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine too. The icon bars are now always white. I don't know why this was changed, because I liked to be able to just check the color to see if I had a real data connection, for example. Now I have to stare at the icon (data or wifi) for a while to see if the little arrows are alive.

What else did this incremental update do??

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Got mine too. The icon bars are now always white. I don't know why this was changed, because I liked to be able to just check the color to see if I had a real data connection, for example. Now I have to stare at the icon (data or wifi) for a while to see if the little arrows are alive.

Pull down the settings shade (the notification shade, tap the upper right settings icon, or two finger swipe from the right side of the status bar). The network icons there are white when you have Google connectivity, orange if you do not (I believe - I don't have the update yet...)

What else did this incremental update do??

It mainly fixed a network error by updating the baseband and a few supporting files for mobile data. People are also reporting better battery life, but that may be due to the baseband improvements.

leg1two

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Can I just say I'm not a fan of the white icons. The blue was a nice touch and easier to see if the WiFi connection. Just adding my two cents.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't sure how I would feel about the white icons but I do like them

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

roguetrav

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Can I just say I'm not a fan of the white icons. The blue was a nice touch and easier to see if the WiFi connection. Just adding my two cents.

Same here. I also have trouble telling if my phone is charging until I look much closer. Truth be told for me as well, I find the plain white icons boring. Especially compared to other devices that have a bit more flair.

leg1two

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Rogue, I agree about the charging. I unplugged and replugged the charger twice because I thought it wasn't charging. Its really hard to see. The white icons seem so plain Jane to me. I think the blue added some class to them. I guess I will get use to it, won't like it, but will get use to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo