Duplicate Text messages

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I love my new EVO LTE. However, I have one annoying glitch. Is anybody getting random duplicate text messages? I can't figure out why its doing this. I remember my old Treo did this before and it was from the roaming. I turned roaming off and I still get duplicate texts.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this a few times, but thought people were accidentally sending their message two or three times. Most of the time I see the issue I am at work where I often switch between roaming connections and Sprint connections, so maybe that is the common thread here. It's only happened to me twice now out of 50+ txts, so I'm not sure how much of an issue this is, but I've never seen any other phone do this.

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Request a data reset, which deletes your Sprint data (not your phone data), your phone will do a ands free activation, prl update and firmware update. It's fast simple and might actually fix the issue. Be sure to do it some where w great coverage.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my new EVO LTE. However, I have one annoying glitch. Is anybody getting random duplicate text messages? I can't figure out why its doing this. I remember my old Treo did this before and it was from the roaming. I turned roaming off and I still get duplicate texts.

This could be a network issue, I have had it happened to me randomly on every phone I have owned over the last few years so its definitely not the phone.

cervantes0088

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I called Sprint Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out. They checked my texts from other Sprint customers that had duplicate texts and found that some of the texts were buffering or still waiting to be delivered. I am assuming that when the texts gets sent to my phone, my phone is not communicating back to let the network know I received the text.

They eventually told me to go to the store. The store told me that it could be an issue with an app. I remember distinctly having an issue with Google Voice when I was setting it up. The whole GV set up is a bit confusing. Anyway, I had them do a hard reset to wipe out my phone. I won't download GV to see if that was the issue. I've since received texts that I received before the reset. I am hoping that those texts won't pop up again, meaning, while it was in buffering status, my phone actually communicated back to the network as transfer complete.

I've installed, uninstalled, then installed GV before the reset. I think you really have to do a hard reset to resolve this issue.

Do you have Google Voice installed?

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have GV and sms backup + installed.

Those were apps I had on my last evo too with no problems.

I haven't noticed any dupes in the past 24 hrs.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I get dups and some times trips of the same msg, anybody figer this out yet?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I will receive duplicate texts from people who use an airwave, sometimes as many as 20 in a row.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Iv heard that before but they were done from phones on all different providers but none of my Friends have this issue.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same glitch but i was only getting it before i updated the phone all the way and it was only coming from my wifes GS3 that was also on sprint..check to see if you have any updates and that may help. The newest update seems pretty glitch free IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Stumbled upon this thread by Googling this problem. I have an HTC One X+ on AT&T and have the same problem. Has happened from iPhone 5 and SGS3, both on AT&T. So if it's a network problem, it's not just Sprint.

CandaceM4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I, too, have been having the same issue where people are getting 2-8 of the same text from me and I'm NOT a Sprint or AT&T customer. I'm Verizon and my phone is an LGG3. I'm never roaming and it only started happening 2 days ago. Haven't had any updates since Lollipop and I've had the phone for about 6 months now with no prior issues. So it's definitely not just Sprint, whatever the issue is. Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel