Fast charging not working.

Nyufly34

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App

Turn off app optimization if you have it on your phone. Did the trick for me. I knew immediately that's probably what the issue was.

Jack Rhodes

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I had this same problem..... turns out it was my cable- I replaced the original cable with a different one (that supported high speed charging and data transfers) and used the original wall brick, it now said fast charging :)

FizzHasif

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Push the usb cable all the way into the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it just solved the problem in my S6 Edge+. Although it looked initially like the cable is inserted fully enough but forcing it further in just changed the cable charging to fast charging.

JuanfromFiesta

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem, it only worked sometimes.. but as it turns out.. all I had to do I'd it was not working... was... [wait for it]... flip the wall plug thingy.. its all I had to do! I didn't think it mattered but it worked!

missamylynn89

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My fast charging hasn't been working for awhile either, and my phone is only a few months old. I have to do the same thing that I saw another person on here said they had to do, I have to unplug and plug it in again many times, I have to unplug and replug the USB cord in and out of the charger many times, that is the only way it worka at all. It does not work at all when I unplug and plug in the whole charger, only when I do it with the USB cable. Use to be I only had to so that 3 or 4 times, now I have do that 20-30 times as well, it's getting frustrating and I feel like that is definitely not good for the charger either. I even replaced the USB cable and that only helped for a few weeks and it's now back to the same thing. Any other ideas, or do you think I have to buy a whole new charger? I have read through all the posts and have tried all the ideas on here and nothing. Please help, any other ideas to try wouls be greatly appreciated! It takes so long to charge phone without fast charging ugh, they should have made the charger so it is ONLY fast charging ugh, because who would want to charge it that slowly?!

Rivergrl79

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If you also plug in the charger, unplug it a bunch of times I heard that it will wreck your phone. So the tmobile guy tried my cable with plug, nada then used their cord my plug and bam it worked.

St 123

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
You know for someone asking for help, you sure are ruse and not accepting of other people's advice. I'm glad you got it fixed, and I for one appreciate the tips provided. I looked at this forum because my fast charger quit fast charging also. So thank you to every one except for the original person who posted this.

Mfkn John

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried pushing the usb end in further. Not having any luck with anything :/

This happened to me with my Verizon fast charger, once it quits fast charging I tried another USB cable with the the same charger and it worked, I'm guessing yours is the same problem. If it's the Verizon charger the charger itself will light up red when fast charging and stay dim when not.

karebeardawn420

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Adaptive fast charging will kick in only when the screen is off and not while the screen is on and using it. Try to turn of the screen, not using it for few min and turn back on too see any different.

This isn't true. My phone originally would fast charge with the screen on or off. When I pull down my notifications panel it would say fast charging and approximately however long. Now my phone just says charging. I've had this issue on and off for awhile now. I've tried new cables tested my boyfriends charger and adapter.. Nothing works anymore.

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

I'm on my 3rd phone with the exact same problem..there's no one that can figure this out..by the way I guaranty u it's not any charger issues..disregard and advice that deals with charger..email me at vinny069@aol.com for further

Last edited by a moderator:

klavi

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Been having charging issues for a while and thought it was due to OS update. But for me it turned out to be debris in the charging hole every time. I use a bike pump with a sports ball inflation needle attached to blow the junk out of the hole. Fast charging back again.

Mistyblue14

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh, right! That too! That happened on my Note 4 a couple times... thought I had broken the charger (because it will still charge normally, just not fast) and then I just pushed the cable a bit further and voila!

It is happening to me too. I tried everything finally got a new charger and adapter. It's been like this for a while. Fast charging is turned on but not working

Alejandroapm

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Oh I know you're serious! Haha. Trust me though, I unplugged it and pushed it in with a little more force, and nothing. Then I plugged it back into the phone and waited for it to charge a bit then pushed the cable into the block a again and nothing. I'm just going to have to take it to the store

Make sure you clean the port with a needle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332