Fast charging not working.

Jennifer Burnette

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem..... turns out it was my cable- I replaced the original cable with a different one (that supported high speed charging and data transfers) and used the original wall brick, it now said fast charging :)

My Samsung Galaxy S7 edge was fast charging then stopped all of a sudden after about 1 week. The fast charging option would automatically switch from on to off when I plugged in the USB cable. I was using the cable and fast charging adapter that came with the phone. I switched the cable but used the same adapter and it worked. The cable isn't working anymore.

Last edited:

Emma Morris1

May 23, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. I've seen posts from people with S6's saying they do have the option. I can't confirm since I don't have one and my Note 4 hasn't been updated to LP yet (it has, but I'm traveling so I can't get the update yet).

Yes it does still have the option it's under settings battery and right down the bottom it's there I have the s7 edge and the option is there

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does still have the option it's under settings battery and right down the bottom it's there I have the s7 edge and the option is there

That still wouldn't confirm it though... S6 and S7 have different ROMs, even if not carrier-branded, so some options might have been moved and/or removed. I don't think this is one of them, though.

Bobby Thoms

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. I've seen posts from people with S6's saying they do have the option. I can't confirm since I don't have one and my Note 4 hasn't been updated to LP yet (it has, but I'm traveling so I can't get the update yet).
My S6E has this issue and i tried all of the fixes. There is a switch for fast charging in settings ;)

silent58

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
i was having this problem... tried everything....

AND YES.

JUST NEEDED TO LITERALLY SUPER PUSH THE CABLE IN.

so stupid....

thanks thread.

Ronnie Price1

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

hey man I have just upgraded to the Galaxy S7 edge and am on Marshmallow 6.0.1 and it is definitely still a toggle option under battery settings. hasn't been removed or made an automatic feature.

Samsung s6 x

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Just bring it back and they'll swap it for free, my issue was the phone itself so they just gave me a new one. (box and charger and everything)

Posted via the Android Central App

I've had my phone for just under a year and still have warranty on it I have tried various fast chargers with it even bought a brand new plug still nothing can anyone help?

newtosamsnung2014

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App

I recently went traveling to India and was charging phone in power outlet that was still within the acceptable voltage. However when I came back to Canada, my fast charger wasn't fast charging for whatever reason. I gave up and started using a family members fast charger which seemed to work. Afterwards when I switched back to my fast charger it seemed to work. Can't explain why or whether it was just coincidence but this did the trick for me.

jimjosecordchang

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I have an Otter case for my S6 and to get fastcharge to consistently work I have to fully insert the micro USB into the phone then place a rounded toothpick between the bottom of the micro USB and the little flap on the case. It's probably some kind of positioning issue.

stlkevin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you for this thread and this comment. I thought there was NO WAY it would have been this simple but sure enough, I had the exact same situation as you did.

Des Houlihan1

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.

As simple as changing cablr for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

LostMau5

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Such a strange reason for fast charging to not work, but I just tried pushing the usb further into the brick, and now my s6 is fast charging again.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My fast charge stopped working after the most recent software update with Verizon this past week. Took into store over the weekend and even after two guys and the Store Manager worked on it, nothing fixed. Took in my charger and two different cables which had been working until update, they tried various cable in the store to no avail. Their suggestion??? WHY DON'T YOU GET A NEW PHONE ON ONE OF OUR NEW PLANS!!! I still have the grandfathered unlimited data plan so who knows what they are up to?

Usman Yousaf1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
dear i'm suffering from same issue. unable to fast charge my cell phone with original fast charger. kindly let me know how you fixed that problem ? i've changed my charger and data cable too but the problem is remain same. i need a solution how to fix it . :'(

same issue with my cell phone. after last update my phone is not charging fast. :( feeling so sad after that update

Such a strange reason for fast charging to not work, but I just tried pushing the usb further into the brick, and now my s6 is fast charging again.

how you fixed that problem let me know please

I had the same issue and this solved it. Thank you

let me know how you resolve that issue ?

My fast charge stopped working after the most recent software update with Verizon this past week. Took into store over the weekend and even after two guys and the Store Manager worked on it, nothing fixed. Took in my charger and two different cables which had been working until update, they tried various cable in the store to no avail. Their suggestion??? WHY DON'T YOU GET A NEW PHONE ON ONE OF OUR NEW PLANS!!! I still have the grandfathered unlimited data plan so who knows what they are up to?

dear i'm suffering from same issue. unable to fast charge my cell phone with original fast charger. kindly let me know how you fixed that problem ? i've changed my charger and data cable too but the problem is remain same. i need a solution how to fix it .

Last edited by a moderator:

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I don't have better news. I got upgraded to top tier tech support and they could not figure out the issue, so I am being sent a replacement phone under my insurance with Verizon. They did suggest that once I got my phone backed up and received and activated the replacement to try a hard factory reset to see if that would solve the problem.

I am still debating about going ahead and biting the bullet and upgrade to the S7edge with a bigger battery. I have never truly been satisfied with the S6edge battery life even after serious tweaking.

My replacement phone is coming tomorrow but today my phone will only hold about a 2% charge even after being charged overnight...so it is truly DOA!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver