Finally!! 6.0 OTA

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Two Verizon users with updates around the same time. Hopefully that means I'm right around the corner. Yesterday, my Nexus 7 received the OTA. My Nexus 5 and 7 have the 6.0 love, but the Nexus 6 is on the "old" 5.1.1. Le sigh.

You should be getting it soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same build, MRA58R. It looks like it has the November security update.

Yep must designate November patch + marshmallow. My Nexus 7 2013 also got the November security update any is now designated MRA58U.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Johnny Barbrarelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
How Verizon every gets updated before At&t blows my mind. I'm in the same boat of users who bought the phone unlocked and unfortunately were still tied to at&t bs since carriers like straight talk use at&t towers. Just my luck.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So Verizon is putting out the update and still not a word from AT&T, even with a non Carrier Google play store Nexus 6 and still at the mercy of AT&T. It just blows my mind that a carrier can hold up an update on a phone that's not even theirs. I know I can side load it, I already tried that and the cell signal was practicality unusable.

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the update finally tonight. I'm on Verizon, but its a GP Nexus 6. Build MRA58R. Took forever to install and optimize apps...All this on the eve of my 6p arriving tomorrow...

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I got a warranty replacement N6 from AT&T yesterday( bought my N6 from At&t ) as my original N6 lost audio out of the speakers, I set the replacement phone up without installing the AT&T sim and after a few security updates I got the prompt to install 6.0, Did the update installed the sim and so far everything seems to work fine.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So now there are two competing Nexus 6 builds?? 6.0.0 (MRA58N) and 6.0.0 (MRA58R)??

Makes you wonder about a single Marshmallow build now... Maybe these one off builds are the results of issues found by carriers in K plus November security. Wonder if at&t folks will get a special MRA58? build or N,R.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know MRA58R is the November security update + marshmallow all in one where as MRA58K is just marshmallow.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

MRA58K is Marshmallow.
MRA58N was the first November patch posted on Tuesday
MRA58R was the second November patch posted on Wednesday.

If you're flashing, ignore MRA58N and flash the most currently posted file MRA58R.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow

Don't worry - updates are sent in waves and it can take day(s) or week(s) before you receive the update. There's no waiting if you want to update manually, which you can find here: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA links for Nexus devices | Android Central

So... did I err in accepting the 5.1 security update from 5.1.1 LYZ28M to 5.1.1 LYZ28N if I want to update manually? At this point (on T-Mobile), not seeing an available OTA update file from the LYZ28N build.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
So you don't think this is a build specifically for Verizon but a security update replacing N that they posted a day earlier?

There has never been a Verizon, Sprint or AT&T specific factory image posted for the N6 by Google on their Factory Image page (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en).

There have been T-Mobile and Project Fi specific ones though. And for this, I'm not talking about OTAs. I don't care about those as I flash myself and haven't kept up on what OTAs exist.

So no, I do not think MRA58K, N or R are Verizon specific in any way. I've flashed all three of them right after they came out on my Amazon purchased VZE SIM using N6 and all three have worked fine. I did do a full factory reset after flashing MRA58K from Lollipopbut for MRA58N and MRA58R, I just line by line fastboot commands flashed with Minimal ADB and Fastboot from the XDA thread. Has always worked perfectly.

Seems as though Google posted N and then for some reason changed it enough to post R. Why I have no idea. A bit frustrating to have to flash multiple things, but certainly better than owning a never updated phone.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
There has never been a Verizon, Sprint or AT&T specific factory image posted for the N6 by Google on their Factory Image page (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en).

There have been T-Mobile and Project Fi specific ones though. And for this, I'm not talking about OTAs. I don't care about those as I flash myself and haven't kept up on what OTAs exist.

So no, I do not think MRA58K, N or R are Verizon specific in any way. I've flashed all three of them right after they came out on my Amazon purchased VZE SIM using N6 and all three have worked fine. I did do a full factory reset after flashing MRA58K from Lollipopbut for MRA58N and MRA58R, I just line by line fastboot commands flashed with Minimal ADB and Fastboot from the XDA thread. Has always worked perfectly.

Seems as though Google posted N and then for some reason changed it enough to post R. Why I have no idea. A bit frustrating to have to flash multiple things, but certainly better than owning a never updated phone.

OK. Was just wondering why Nexus 6 on sprint was getting N and Verizon was getting R. Trying to get an idea of which security update at&t was gonna approve.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
OK. Was just wondering why Nexus 6 on sprint was getting N and Verizon was getting R. Trying to get an idea of which security update at&t was gonna approve.

Yea dunno why one gets one or the other. I've never had an OTA since I first turned it on out of the box. I just flash it myself. Too impatient!

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got 6.0 OTA today at 11 am, Verizon sim GP Nexus 6

I also read other Redditors with Verizon are getting OTA's today with 6.0 as well, but no other carrier users reporting in anything.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow! I never thought I would see the light of day when a phone on Verizon would get an update quicker than T-Mobile.

Tell me about it. :confused:

Course, I'm also a little stymied by the utter lack of interest on the part of the tech press. You'd think someone would have jumped on this update michegas if only for the sake of shaming Google or T-Mobile. I mean the HTC One M8 is getting a 6.0 OTA before a fair chunk of Nexus 6s!

And someone still has to clear up why Google released 2 November updates and why MRA58N and MRA58R both exist if one actually supersedes the other.

Is Legere not taking calls?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord