First Impressions

Panther6834

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Get a dome protector it's costly but best out there

I've been reasding up on the Dome protector, and, while it does appear to provide the best protection, as well as the greatest amount of touch-sensativity, it has FAR too many problems to make it worth trying. There are LOTS of complaints, and almost all of them relate to the same problems. You are correct in your "it's costly" statement, but, as for being "the best", that depends (highly) on ones definition of "best". Based on what numerous people have said, applying the screen protector can, potentially, cause damage to the phone, especially if the liquid adhesive gets into the buttons, or any of the open ports, such as the headphone jack, or charging port. Unless there's a local business that will install it, AND provide a 100% guarantee against damage caused during installation, I'd suggest people avoid this product.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
There's a protective sticker that goes over the top speaker grill so no glue gets into it.

And side absorbing pads to stop the side buttons being affected.

If a person wants to add further protection then a thin strip of insulating tape across the bottom ports would stop potential issues.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When I got my Whitestone dome for my Note 8, I had never installed this before and had the same concerns about the difficulty in putting it on and the adhesive. However after reading the instructions AND watching people do it on YouTube, those concerns proved to be a non issue. It’s not as hard as it may seem. The only thing I suggest is to make sure your table is level to allow for even dispersion of the adhesive. That said, my table was not and I still did not have an issue with the install. The speaker grill is covered as well as the side buttons. The install was painless. Just read follow the instructions carefully.

As for the price, it is no doubt expensive but they had a lot of promos for the Note 9 that effectively made it like $21 per protector. ($42 for the 2 pak).

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone coming from.iohone 8 plus or x? If so impressions?

Yes... my previous phone was an iPhone 8 Plus. The Note9 is big and heavy, but so was the iPhone. The Note is a little narrower but taller, and as such, it's more noticeable in my pocket than the iPhone.

Battery life is quite good in my use case, which involves a lot of messaging (text, Hangouts and WhatsApp), a few phone calls, a bit of web browsing, and listening to Spotify and Google Play Music for a few hours each day. I'm getting to the end of the day with 60%-ish left in the tank, which I find remarkable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201