First Impressions

EZrhythm

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
I'm coming from an S5 so THIS THING HITS HYPERSPACE!

I had already ordered this case in Black...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6321162
...so I am carrying protected at the get go. The Black case turns the Blue phone in to a Black backed phone so I am happy for that. The sides of the case are clear. There is also a Clear version and a White version available.
The case although adding bulk doesn't feel/look bulky to me. The sides are a flexible but firm plastic and the back side, although also plastic is certainly very scratch resistant. (The product page misrepresents the case as being glass. It mimics the glass well but certainly isn't glass.) I tried scratching it with a round pebble and the surface wasn't effected at all.
I also DROPPED THE PHONE within the case on to a hardwood floor from a height of 30". That measurement is my hand holding the phone with my arm extended straight at my side. I dropped it once from that height on to the phone's corner and I dropped it once from that height on to it's side containing the jack inserts. There was NO EFFECT to the phone nor the case at all. No joke!

Last edited:

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
UPS delivered mine at 10:32 this morning and I literally haven't put it down since. I cancelled my order through Samsung yesterday and ordered the blue 512GB unlocked model from Amazon. I'm so happy I did and I'm so happy that Amazon gave me free overnight shipping with Saturday delivery along with a free Samsung Duo charging stand and Dex stand. Samsung had me down for a ship date of 9/30.

Anyway, this phone is great. The screen is breathtaking, the speakers are great, and it's buttery smooth. Though I guess it should be with 8GB of RAM.

I have an iPhone X as well and that bad boy is taking a back seat.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
UPS delivered mine at 10:32 this morning and I literally haven't put it down since. I cancelled my order through Samsung yesterday and ordered the blue 512GB unlocked model from Amazon. I'm so happy I did and I'm so happy that Amazon gave me free overnight shipping with Saturday delivery along with a free Samsung Duo charging stand and Dex stand. Samsung had me down for a ship date of 9/30.

Anyway, this phone is great. The screen is breathtaking, the speakers are great, and it's buttery smooth. Though I guess it should be with 8GB of RAM.

Congrats. I sent my iPhone X packing for this bad boy. And my wife now wants to dump her iPhone 8 plus for the Note 9. Just ordered her one. It's a great device.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
After about 3 day, here's what I think.

- It's fast and everything has been smooth transition wise
- The camera is great and pictures are sharp. However, I don't like how some of the pictures are too warm.
- Super-SloMo is a bit tricky for me. For single shot it waits for motion to occur in the box (on screen).
- Haven't seen option for RAW photos or shutter sound
- Bluetooth features are nice and work well so far. I just don't see myself using them often.
- AR EMOJI is funny cause they look NOTHING like me!
- Stereo speakers are great. It's about time Samsung!
- S pen is kind of weird. I have to push it in just a little more than usual in order to get it out. I don't know if it's a defect or if it's made that way on the Note 9.
- I'm happy with the battery. It last noticeably longer than the note 8 (for me).
- There are small changes in Samsung Notes which are good but I still prefer S Note.
Found this under settings at the bottom. Still looking for RAW. Screenshot_20180825-230311_Camera.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the pros out weight the cons. Never had a problem with my note 8, but the 9 seems to move smoother. Could just be that the newness hasn't rubbed off yet lol.

Exactly. Same here. I was just looking at the sides of my note9 and realized I haven't took the stickers off that they had put on it. I don't remember them doing that with the note8. Now I really see the pretty blue lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I like how the sides of my ocean blue note9 ain't as shiny and glossy like they are on my deep sea blue note8. Note9 has the more smoother look.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

You know butter melts right? Lol 🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞😜😜😜

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I forgot to mention that I have the unlocked version and it doesn't have that.

View attachment 288914
I also have the unlocked version - currently using it on TMobile Prepaid service. Aiming to get back onto a TMobile Post Paid account at a later date. Have to get the kids off of Sprint but that's later down the road. Kind of a complicated thing .

lastsamurai57

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay after getting back into the note phone leaving the 7+ iPhone, I've not been regretful. Love the pen, the screen is clear and customizing has been my weekend. Speakers sound great, system reacting well, my only point of interest is my battery after charging does seem to go down pretty steadily during my "usual" day which is mainly web surf, YouTube video listening, and checking various emails. 4 hours since charged down to 78%. Any one else seeing the same dropoff for this larger battery? Overall my best yet for the note series and what I needed. The pen uses are great also so far! ❤🛐👍🏽🙏👍💪

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
Found this under settings at the bottom. Still looking for RAW. View attachment 288896
Hey I found this for raw setting
3f3abfa94da4401c586a37d3f0e52327.jpg