First world problems - please help me decide. Wait for Unlocked 512GB Blue, or get Purple now?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All,

So, not a new story here, but I have options, and I'm unsure and impatient.

I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered the Unlocked 512GB Blue Note 9 on August 14th. I'll be getting the free headphones Promo as well as the unlocked trade in promo of an additional $200 when I trade in my Pixel 2 XL 128GB (I get $250 regular, and the promo takes it to $450 total trade in value).

I have $750 in best buy gift cards. That means If I wait for the Blue to come in, I'll have $1,200 to put toward the phone, and I'll just pay the additional $50 and own the phone outright.

However, not knowing when it will be here is KILLING ME!

Also, I pre-ordered the hardware only and have not put any money down and it is not putting a hold on my Verizon account - so, I can cancel at any time.

Now, my local best buy says that the PURPLE unlocked 512GB is in stock and would be delivered to the store on September 6th if I ordered it. (you can even check the website and it shows that). (*Update* - I just checked and there is an unlocked purple 512GB an hour away in stock)

I would lose the headphone promo (not really a deal breaker), but I would also lose the $200 bonus trade in value.

So, if I went the purple route, I'd have it in-hand this coming Thursday, and I would be left paying $250 out of pocket. I would simply spread that remainder out over 24 months on my Verizon bill - so, about $10 a month.

I'm torn... I don't wanna take a chance of not having the Blue one for another 2 months..... Ughh....

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sales 101

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: First work problems - please help me decide. Wait for Unlocked 512GB Blue, or get Purple now?

unless you make a 6 figure income for$250 I would wait....

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: First work problems - please help me decide. Wait for Unlocked 512GB Blue, or get Purple now?

Wait. I did and got the unlocked 512 at BB ($450 for S8 amd the AKG cans). My preorder Verizon blue 512 is MIA.

The purple 512 is now the color of preorder defiance ;)

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Purple isn't a deal breaker if you use a case. I wouldn't mind a purple (Thanos-colored) Note 9. In fact, I prefer the purple S Pen to that ugly yellow color on my ocean blue Note 9.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site

That Purple Note 9 is starting look better and better to me each passing day. I especially like the Purple Spigen case on it too. Thanks to Flossy for opening my eyes during his Spigen cases review. It's a GO...

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

put my purple Note 9 in a black case and bought a black replacement S Pen. half the time I don't even remember the phone is purple

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Get the purple one, because purple.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

dbrand skins can help too. ;)

I ended up buying the Black Note 9 with 512Gb of storage.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Be patient!! Don’t give in!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

If purple was the only option I would not have the Note 9 right now. Blue I can live with purple not.

I wanted black.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I think the purple colour looks really great