Front Camera Pics Mirrored/Reversed ONLY on Snapchat

benchmark987

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

Anybody having this problem in snapchat? (And in snapchat Only!)

My device only has a front facing camera.

When I take a picture using the "camera" app or even using instragram, the image that I see on the screen BEFORE the picture is taken is a mirror, but AFTER the photo is taken, it is saved PROPERLY, like a proper photo should be.

However using snapchat (latest v9.x.x) The image that I see on the screen is mirrored AS WELL AS the saved image. This is NOT how a picture should be taken. Ex. Taking a picture of a book cover shows the writing BACKWARDS. Improper!

Is anybody else experiencing this? Does anybody have any insight into making snapchat take pictures properly? I am using the newest version of snapchat. As is, this is useless. I am completely stuck.

Thank you everyone.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

Anybody having this problem in snapchat? (And in snapchat Only!)

My device only has a front facing camera.

When I take a picture using the "camera" app or even using instragram, the image that I see on the screen BEFORE the picture is taken is a mirror, but AFTER the photo is taken, it is saved PROPERLY, like a proper photo should be.

However using snapchat (latest v9.x.x) The image that I see on the screen is mirrored AS WELL AS the saved image. This is NOT how a picture should be taken. Ex. Taking a picture of a book cover shows the writing BACKWARDS. Improper!

Is anybody else experiencing this? Does anybody have any insight into making snapchat take pictures properly? I am using the newest version of snapchat. As is, this is useless. I am completely stuck.

Thank you everyone.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going to settings, applications, all apps, find the SnapChat app and clear the data. That will completely reset the app and might fix the issue. If not you might need to email the developer about the issue to see if it is a known issue.

LSLanda

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
This annoys me too. It's not only Snapchat, but Instagram as well. It's just weird. A selfie that's mirrored just doesn't look right. Ya know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88