galaxy note 5 lag?

SirDevan

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The lag is so bad on my note 5 that I can't even hardly text. The keyboard will lock up for a good 3-8 seconds between every 3-4 words. I didn't have this issue until the last update. I am not talking simple lag on sending. I am talking bad lag to the point it's almost unusuable. I went through and removed 20 apps trying to resolve it and still bad, even a reboot didn't resolve it.

I feel like back when I had to reformat Microsoft after 6 months to get my speed back.

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 will begin to lag when the S pen is removed to take a note on the black screen. This was actually a big selling point for me as the Note 4 took forever for the action memo to come up from an off state. When this happens I wipe the cache and all is well for several weeks.

I phones have a built in lag cover up. It is the animation that comes with IOS and takes longer than nearly every instance of lag I have ever experienced on a Samsung device. It isn't a big thing unless you are in a hurry, then it is extremely annoying.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 will begin to lag when the S pen is removed to take a note on the black screen. This was actually a big selling point for me as the Note 4 took forever for the action memo to come up from an off state. When this happens I wipe the cache and all is well for several weeks.

I phones have a built in lag cover up. It is the animation that comes with IOS and takes longer than nearly every instance of lag I have ever experienced on a Samsung device. It isn't a big thing unless you are in a hurry, then it is extremely annoying.

I'll have to disagree with you on your iOS animation point. That's not really the way OSes work. I've never really experienced much lag in iOS devices. My android devices don't lag much either. There's really no reason these days to have to clear cache for devices to work properly.

I don't know what LG and Samsung do to their devices, but they're the worst offenders.

Now the orientation issues the 6s Plus has needs some work. I never had the problems with my M9 that I have with my 6s Plus.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The lag is so bad on my note 5 that I can't even hardly text. The keyboard will lock up for a good 3-8 seconds between every 3-4 words. I didn't have this issue until the last update. I am not talking simple lag on sending. I am talking bad lag to the point it's almost unusuable. I went through and removed 20 apps trying to resolve it and still bad, even a reboot didn't resolve it.

I feel like back when I had to reformat Microsoft after 6 months to get my speed back.

Mine is lagging so bad when typing with google keyboard, or any keyboard really. It's infuriating.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine lags a little, used stock SMS app, Google Messenger, and Textra (love it!). Have heard that removing haptic feedback removes some stutter. Odd thing too, had less lag on the OnePlus One. Still love the heck out of this thing though.

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I haven't experienced any lag on my Note 5 from t mobile and I'm going on 5 months ! I'm just typing this to see and nothing :)

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5

giebnatious13

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
On chrome try to disable JavaScript when you don't need it. That seems to help. Also I use Google Messenger instead of the stock text app and don't seem to have issues.

One thing I do on Samsung devices is enable the developer options then turn animations off. Not sure if it helps but have been doing it since the s3 days.

Sent from my Note 5
I have the Verizon Note 5 running Marshmallow and downloaded the Google Messenger app. For some reason I can't receive picture messages though. Does yours work? I even tried disabling Samsung's stock app and it still didn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel