Galaxy S3 Full Screen Protector Curved Crystal

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just put on the curved crydstal protector. It is a bit harder to apply because of the curved nature of the protectoe, but all in all im quite satisfies especially since i got for half off. It is very clear, but seems a little too thin as there are some dimples in it due to my manhandling of the protector during application. However, after a few hours, most of the said dimples have disappeared.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Thaks for ur input, M8! ;)

Please just answer me some questions:
- Based on your experience what should I be carefull with when apllying it?
- How is the touch feel comparing to the naked glass?
- Do you use a case and have any kind of problem with the screen protector, like does the case lifts it up, causing more dimples? I have 2 cases: TPU Boxwave Duosuite and Hard/Soft Acase Superleggera Pro.
Cheers

Last edited:

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thaks for ur input, M8! ;)

Please just answer me some questions:
- Based on your experience what should I be carefull with when apllying it?
- How is the touch feel comparing to the naked glass?
- Do you use a case and have any kind of problem with the screen protector, like does the case lifts it up, causing more dimples? I have 2 cases: TPU Boxwave Duosuite and Hard/Soft Acase Superleggera Pro.
Cheers

No problem. I find the appkication process easier if you dont be too anal about bubbles when applying the top portion, but rather focus on just alignment. That way you can just rid the top bubbles by lifting. The feel of the protector is very smooth, and feels pretty much like the naked glass. As far as case, im using he rearthe slim case as well as spigen folio case. No problems but that may be due to the fact that they dont go over the sides of the phone. I guess i would just be wary of TPU cases because i know that they tend to not fit very snug and may cause lift.

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Update: fyi already scratched the protector and have no idea how. Might try out the nano clear and compare the two.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got my nano clear after reading about and discovering some micro scratches on my screen. So far I like it. It seemed to have a little bit of grip to it at first but the more I use it the slicker it feels. Maybe oils from my fingers have helped make it slicker. I think clarity is pretty good but I do notice a little difference after applying it. Overall I'm happy.

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi! So after much thought and consideration, I bought the Curved Crystal couple days ago and it arrived today! I don't think I've seen anyone post pictures of this so hope this helps. I took several photos with my husband's iPhone, which would explain the poor cam quality :D Sorry, I'm at my husband's work place so there's no other cameras to use. Not used to doing reviews but I'll try my best!

photo_13.jpg

so this is what came with it. There are 2 screen protectors, 1 squeegee, 1 microfiber Cloth, and some stickers to remove dust (found these to be very useful! :good:)

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the bottom part of the curved crystal. You can clearly see the "curved" part to hug the S3's edges.

image.jpg

Ok, so I thought this was very nifty. So after you've attached your screen protector, what do you see? DUST! Well, they got these stickers that you can attach to your screen protector, lift it up, and use the other sticker to carefully remove dust. Then, you just stick the protector back on slowly.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

I know you can't see very well but I did what I could with my husband's phone. What I wanted to show you guys were that the edges line up perfectly with the phone's curvature and there is no lifting or bubbling anywhere. YET. It's only been 4 hours so we'll just have to see but hopefully, it'll stay this way. The screen is verrrry clear, like there's nothing on. If you see carefully, you can see the parts around the speaker, camera, and the home button where the protector do not cover. Except for those areas, everything else is completely covered.

My only complaint is that this was hard for me to put on, especially because the edges are curved, so you need to get it on accurately, or the edges will definitely lift because the protector is cut exactly to match the phone's curvatures. You only get a tiny amount of wiggle room, and if you attach it a little to the side, it won't work. I gotta confess, the first one I got went into the trash after 3 attempts to put it on. My husband put the second one on for me :D:D:D but i'm not really good with this and I don't have steady hands so... :laugh:

So far, I'm loving this protector and I just HOPE TO GOD that it'll stay on long. It'll probably take me an hour to put another one on. :p
I bought mine at their store online : Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP Hope my little review helped you guys!

Found this on XDA-Developers. Ordered mine after seeing this. Hope this helped~ ^_____^

Reactions: BBSeattle

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Found this on XDA-Developers. Ordered mine after seeing this. Hope this helped~ ^_____^

I ordered mine on August 8 but still hasent ship. In the site they say: "Availability: Ships in 1-2 weeks": Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP
Why do they sell something (already took the money from my credit card) if they do not have it ready yet?! I dont get it, I?m starting to think it?s best to cancel the order and buy something else...I cannot have it naked all this time.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on August 8 but still hasent ship. In the site they say: "Availability: Ships in 1-2 weeks": Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP
Why do they sell something (already took the money from my credit card) if they do not have it ready yet?! I dont get it, I?m starting to think it?s best to cancel the order and buy something else...I cannot have it naked all this time.

They have really good customer service. You should try emailing them about it.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Received and installed today.
Install was relatively easy and they include everything one needs to do the job.
I found after 2 attempts to align, it was easier to put a piece of tape on the bottom to hold. The top already has a tab. I held the top tab and the tape at the bottom and lined up the screen protector edge with the long side of the screen.
Getting the long side line straight aligned everything else and I dropped it on. Originally I tried to align the top edge and speaker hole but the bottom ended up off just a bit.
Spent another 10 minutes clearing dust. Alignment is perfect and not one spec of dust or air bubble. I am quite happy with the product and install. And I have an extra just in case this one gets mucked up.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The best way to apply these screen protectors is to go in the shower and steam it up. You won't have to deal with dust being in the air because the moisture weighs it down.

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Doest the moisture get on the screen? Or does that dry up after putting on The protector

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
After receiving mine, I just applied it in my room instead of going into the bathroom and run the showers. The install was easier than I thought but the first try was a miss because my dog ran into the room and while I was peeling away the sticker, he sneezed and some of his fur got on it. booo... so the second time, I closed the door and voila! I got some dust on it but I used the stickers in the package and got all the dust out. yay!:D

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After receiving mine, I just applied it in my room instead of going into the bathroom and run the showers. The install was easier than I thought but the first try was a miss because my dog ran into the room and while I was peeling away the sticker, he sneezed and some of his fur got on it. booo... so the second time, I closed the door and voila! I got some dust on it but I used the stickers in the package and got all the dust out. yay!:D

I ordered mine on 8th of August but still hasent got here in Portugal (Grrrr!), bougth 3 cheap ones meanwhile but the dust ruined my first one and my second one, but I decided to keep it with the dust and everything. The 2nd one I applied I could swear no dust was under there but it seems I have to be to a place with less dust in the air (where could that be?!) and use a strong lamp light when doing the thing. Am I wrong?
What do you mean with "stickers"? In the video Spigen has on their site demostrating how do apply it they dont seem to use any sticker...
And the guy that sold me the cheap ones adviced me to use that liquid we use to clean monitors and viewing glasses before applying it, is that a good advice? The curved crystal screen protector cost me 20 euros with the shipping, I dont want to ruin any of them...
Thanks for ur input.

Cheers

Last edited:

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Very easy to apply. I got it right the first time. Very pleased with the result. I definitely recommend this screen protector.

bonebrightd

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody!

I know this thread is about the curved crystal, but for those who own/owned the Ultra Nano:

Has your screen protector held up against everyday wear and tear scratches?

I read elsewhere that the Ultra Nano is easy to scratch even from taking it in and out of your pocket with noting else in it (keys, coins, etc.).

If anyone has any longer-term experience with the Ultra Nano, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I use it with an irock and an incipio case. No issues.

So no peeling it off because puting and taking out the case? I use a TPU Boxwave Duosuit and case and a hard/soft Acase Superleggera Pro case (both great, by the way) and I am worried it will peel it off while I take off and put the other case in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus