Galaxy S5 charging too fast after first day of purchase.

androidmonsternep

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the Galaxy S5 a day ago and i noticed that it charged way too fast from 45%.. 1 or 2% per minute.. so basically done under 30 minutes. Is that normal? I also tested the battery with a movie, and it took 20% off for a 2 hour movie. What does that mean? Battery came bad with the phone or is all that normal? Help greatly appreciated guys :)

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung charger is extremely fast, your experience is completely normal. My phone will completely charge after about an hour when it is nearly completely drained at the end of the night. The Samsung charger outputs 3X more power than a traditional USB charger.

As for the movie, that all depends on your settings. Those settings include screen brightness level, whether wi-fi was on or not, whether Bluetooth was on or not, what apps were running in the background, the source of this video (online streaming or playing locally off of the phone's built-in storage or an SD card), and how your phone was outputting volume (through the headphone jack, its built-in speaker, or via a Bluetooth audio device). The playback abilities also depend on the movie file type, resolution, and bitrate of the file you were playing back. A 30Mbps 4K video is going to consume more power than a 720p 2Mbps video.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The charging fast is normal.

As for the 20% off in 2 hours .. you mean you only lost 10% an hour during movie play back? That isn't bad. It really depends where you're playing the movie from, your screen brightness, etc.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was blown away by how fast the S5 charged when I plugged it up the first time. I came from an S2 & the difference was night & day in charging times. Also the battery life is incredible :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear