GNEX Phone Woes in the Main Media........

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
LOl all this complaining makes my head hurt... Is the Galaxy Nexus perfect no... Does it have major problems? IMO no not really.. People that complain about battery life and Verizon's lte not being ready for prime time, you guys have to be kidding.. 30MBS is definitely ready enough for me, if you dont like it go gsm HSPA+.. Why are you on verizon with a lte phone complaining about battery life? It comes with the territory and if your on this forum im sure you knew that! SMH. Now the nexus does need some fixes.. Im not going to sit here and act like its perfect either.. My screen rotation takes too long, Pinch to zoom should be smoother. Signal shows low but my speeds are fast which is why I think the article about the signal may be right. But hey Im not sure thats why Verizon is looking into it. Now them complaining about the face unlock, it works fine for me.. But if you have a problem with it change it.. SMH its the first phone to ever have that feature so of course its not going to be perfect. People act as if they are not trying the first iteration of this software.

I agree, LTE has grown up a bit and the new radios are plenty thin. Data speeds are quite good. I am guessing it only gets better:p

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
That is funny, because the number one reason I didn't go for the Rezound is HTC -- meaning their battery track record (former Incredible owner). Turns out that thing is pretty rock solid. Might have to reconsider if this state of affairs persists (although so far I'm having luck after having disabled the Google+ app).

I didn't go Rezound because of thickness and Sense. I've had one device in the past that had a skinned version of Android and...no. Just...no. I don't ever want to HAVE to root again just to get stock Android.

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I didn't go Rezound because of thickness and Sense. I've had one device in the past that had a skinned version of Android and...no. Just...no. I don't ever want to HAVE to root again just to get Stock Android.

Yeah I had a loaner rezound until I got my GN and coming from a evo 3d it felt like the same crap.. lol Didnt feel like a new phone at all and battery life was crappy.. I actually liked sense on my 3d more then the version on the Rezound.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay, my last post here.

Can you guys not understand that "complaining about battery life on an LTE device" is not the same as "complaining that there is a bug in the OS that is killing the battery"?

It's not the LTE; it's not the screen; it's not the screaming processor; it's not services that all these people have running (I'm an Incredible veteran--my device runs LEAN). There is a bug. It's not b*tching. It needs to be fixed.

As for this:
Nice try. You forgot to name the 1 Verizon 4G LTE phone that does not have battery life issues. It is obvious Verizon 4G LTE is not ready for prime time. Who else's is? Go through these forums and find ANY Android device that does not have a thread devoted to battery life issues. I have owned 8 android devices, all of which were not stellar in terms of battery life. The iPhone is no different. I'm not saying there aren't issues with the Nexus, but I have not owned any smart phone that never gave me any problems whatsoever.

You missed the point entirely. If I'm not running it on LTE, then it makes no difference that this is a problem with LTE devices. The LTE radio is not to blame. So I don't need to "name one device" (*cough* REZOUND *cough* - its in this very thread ;)).

But the point is the same. Bugs are bugs. They need to be fixed. How do we get that done? Talking about it, identifying the bug, and getting Google to pay attention. So stop telling people to "chill" and "relax." We will do both when the bug gets fixed. ;)