Google wallet problem

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I went to use this app on my rooted, GN running the leaked Jelly bean test build this morning and was prompted to update the app. However its now not letting me update it through the browser. I tried downloading the Apk but the one I found was outdated. What advice do you guys have for updating this Google Wallet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it won't let me update it through the browser or store. Ol' Verizon is up to their old tricks again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
he does add it to your system/app/ folder. You can delete it with a file explorer with root level permissions and r/w access to the /system/ folder.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am experiancing the same problem this morning. Yesterday afternoon I used Wallet and this morning it says it needs to be updated and I can't update it or re-download it. I sure hope someone has the solution.

rustycaterpillar

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Gnex on Wed and was shocked that I cant get Wallet. WTF is Verizon thinking? For what reason would they block it? I have it on my N7 but a fat lot of good that does me I dont carry my tablet with me everywhere I go.

HELP

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Something changed since last night because I was able to open up wallet last night to check funds.Since seeing /reading this thread its a no go.
I get that update popup window ,follow link to playstore and no update button to click on.It just shows Your device isnt compatible with this version

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone running 1.5-R75-v6? If so, is there an updated apk somewhere?

Thats what version I have ,I dont know if an update apk has been posted .I havent found it if it has.It shows the newest update as being Sept 5 in the playstore

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats what version I have ,I dont know if an update apk has been posted .I havent found it if it has.It shows the newest update as being Sept 5 in the playstore

I've Googled with no success so figured I'd ask.

I was on EPIC rom and where it was working fine, decided to flash a new Kill Rom today, installed Wallet from Titanium, then it gave me the need to update notice when I tried to run it. Restored my backup where it worked previously, no love, getting the update message again.

When I go to the web, go to the my all apps, any of these other methods, no joy.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
ok here is the deal: GW is forcing the update now. so you can no longer get into wallet until you update( I tried) so you cant deactivate your wallet on your gnex. what I did (at my own risk, and it will be at yours as well) is I cleared the data from the app and uninstalled GW then side loaded the new .apk for my Nexus 7
(the current verison is 1.5-R79-v5 See Con's post for a link below) and all is working fine again.

I thought of it after but if you go to your desktop and go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/#devices: disable wallet, then uninstall GW on your device. Side load the new apk and your done.. safely

* There is a possibility you can potentially disable your secure element in your nfc chip by not disabling google wallet on your device before starting the side loading process. Myself and the android central community will not be held responsible for any ill effects From bypassing this. Proceed at your own risk *

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never updated via the Market, but I saw it was available at one point and now it says "device unavailble." Seems like it was short lived after VZW losing that lawsuit. Anyway, here's the apk. Just make sure you delete data in your currect version to protect the secure element. I delete the data in settings<apps, and then uninstall it just to be safe. I like the new interface, directly linking credit/debit, and that it's working fine.

Link courtesy of XDA...https://www.dropbox.com/s/byy6zu46tdetg44/Wallet 1.5-R79-v5.apk

Didn't see above post: MD5ee2b9cac5018d99caccaf829d9f6bf8c for those that like to check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow