got charged a "premium service fee" for using an app

mynetdude

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded an app a week or so ago, thought it was a cool app and I don't recall it ever requiring a premium fee to use the app but I got text messages right after I installed the app and it kept telling me how I could use it to find friends, etc and then when I told them to STOP they said no more charges would be incurred but I was NEVER told of any charges!!! I downloaded from the app market/appbrain.

Is there any way I can get a history of what I have downloaded in the past? This is stupid, the dev doesn't tell you there is a premium fee.

The app was some kind of people/friend finder of some sorts.....

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
why did you not tell us the name of the app? Did you get a bill, or are they tacking charges onto your phone bill?

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Very curious to know what the app is... What was the shortcode that these txt messages were being fired from? This is something that needs to be reported to google if it is not somehow a mistake.

mynetdude

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Wish I knew or I would have told you all what the app was... yeah its a bill being added to my phone bill, I didn't even request them to bill me I just downloaded an app and then the next thing I know I get these text messages.. which I deleted thinking it was nothing if I stopped it right away.

It was one of the very few apps I downloaded, it had something to do with locating friends in your area on a map pretty sure it was this app... the bill doesn't say who the charges are coming from but its $9.99!