Grainy Screen

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
So then it makes me wonder if it's an issue that can be fixed with a software update, or a batch of bad screens?
Probably too early to tell. Make Samsung aware of it. There's also been reports of horizontal lines at low brightness and dark screens. Doesn't bode well for software fix.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Someone just recently posted up a screenshot here of their S24 Ultra with a white screen trying to show another issue, but I did notice the screen seemed to have some purple color bleed, that's called the "dirty screen effect", it can signify a screen quality issue.

I didn't mention it because I have the nightlight turned on for my tablets display, and didn't get a good look at it. It's in one of the recent threads about the S24 display issues... I might try and find it and take a better look.

Maybe Samsung is having some quality control issues... Covid combined with a floundering world economy has caused a lot of big corporations to try and trim some corners ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So the picture in the OP is a screenshot and not a pic taken of the display with another cell phone camera? It almost looks like light from the flash of a different camera shining directly into the glass of the S24U display.

I've looked closely at the display with screen off and strong direct light shining into the display (was testing the anti-glare) and noticed the glass has a unique appearance, likely the properties that make it anti-glare.

Either way, I haven't noticed any (knock on wood) imperfections in my display. The only debatable issue is the issue with vivid colors not working.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
So the picture in the OP is a screenshot and not a pic taken of the display with another cell phone camera? It almost looks like light from the flash of a different camera shining directly into the glass of the S24U display.

I've looked closely at the display with screen off and strong direct light shining into the display (was testing the anti-glare) and noticed the glass has a unique appearance, likely the properties that make it anti-glare.

Either way, I haven't noticed any (knock on wood) imperfections in my display. The only debatable issue is the issue with vivid colors not working.
I took the picture with my Pixel 8 Pro. There was no flash used. The grain is clear enough that my wife who has horrible vision could easily see it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I took the screenshot before commenting on the story about the grainy screen on Facebook. You can see the reply option at the top of the picture.

Thanks must of just missed this AC article, what's your display resolution at? Try moving from adaptive 120hz and set at 60hz see if it's still an issue.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Thanks must of just missed this AC article, what's your display resolution at? Try moving from adaptive 120hz and set at 60hz see if it's still an issue.
Here's a screenshot from my settings menu. I can easily see the grain issue. It stayed the same when I changed the resolution and motion smoothness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201