[Guide] How-to root Evo 4G gingerbread! via Revolutionary

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't work...you have to EXTRACT the drivers before installing them...dbl click, choose EXTRACT, dbl click choose INSTALL. Sorry for the confusion...I can't see your phone from here ;) That was the another typo I found in the structions

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Tried rooting and for some reason i can't flash anything because the message about Amend pops up and then now im trying to unroot my phone and im having a hard time with that because my SD CARD cannot be read!! Can someone please help me?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
rooting my friends phone, and it says root accesss is not properly configured or was not granted.

exact error

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.
Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!
The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
/system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Alternate su binary location: ls -l /sbin/su:
/sbin/su: Permission denied
SU binary not found or not operating properly

Last edited:

snoopie

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to get this to work. Yesterday it kept saying it will take a minute and I left my phone their for 30 minutes and nothing. Now I try and this is the error I get, even though it's not disconnecting. Please let me know how to fix this problem.

=============================================
| Revolutionary S-OFF & Recovery Tool 0.4pre4 |
=============================================
Brought to you by AlphaRev & unrEVOked.

Waiting for device...
Found your device: PC36100 (supersonic-2.16.0001, Android: 2.3.3, ROM version: 4
.22.651.2)

This is a beta release and requires a beta release key.
Please visit: Revolutionary for more information.

Enter beta key [ serial: HT16BHL16649 ]: kbrf11chFh8HFeFr
Beta key accepted - thank you for participating!

Zerging Root... this might take a minute or so.. Communications with phone unexp
ectedly interrupted. Try again.
Press (almost) any key to exit.

harry46222

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, I followed the instructions and I've got to say they were very vague. For a first timer, I've read All I could on rooting and there's not really any decent and detailed instructions on how to root. Do I have to run these instructions everytime I want to root my phone? How do I activate root once I've disconnected my phone? Are the backups taking it off? And do I need to use the Revolutionary file to root? Am I doing something wrong?

harry46222

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Update...My phone is rooted now. An app I use for memory tweaks doesn't notice it right away (and still doesn't but it's in my superuser list so I'm thinking it has access). Forgive the sour tone of the earlier message... it was late and I was getting into something I wasn't mentally prepared for and got a little over excited. Everything's going well and much simpler than I made it out to be at first. Thanks for the info. Reading the notes after a good night's sleep does wonders!

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I need someones help. Im hitting a snag in the creating a custom recovery for the phone. I was able to exit when i was in the boot loader. So no harm done. I use my phone for my internet connection since my DSL line is down at the moment. But when it asks on the S-Off tool if i want to create a recovery & that it needs an internet connection does it need a internet connection from the computer or can it be done from the phones internet connection?

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm another one that just can't get this to work. I've been working on this for several hours now and can't get past the invalid beta key message. I've uninstalled HTC Sync. Uninstalled the HTC Driver Installer. Reset my computer. Run through the HTC driver installer, Revolution installer, beta key. My phone is set to charge only. Debug is on. Nothing works. The beta key is still invalid and everything stops. Do I need to reinstall HTC Sync? What should I try now?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99