Happy with Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
And insecure? So those with problems vent on the forums. That's part of the deal. Flaws do happen, and so do manufacturing mishaps. I'm glad you're enjoying your new toy but no need to dog on others.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...

Yeah. Not everyone that is having issues is here complaining and saying the phone sucks. Most are discussing possible fixes. I'm happy for everyone that got great phones right out of the box on their first try. Others weren't so lucky.

azntoyhere

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Wi-Fi is the issue with the battery it seems. Turn off Wi-Fi and my battery is still 100% from idling for 6 hours. But if I have Wi-Fi is on. Then I would lose about 3% from idling for 6 hours.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the battery on s6 edge is supposed to suck, I should have polishing scratches, and brightness issues.

From reading the forums anyway. Just wanted to report my findings, I have had zero issues other than getting used to the smaller screen/keyboard.

I'm in love.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah I'm not having any battery problems either. It is somewhat better with wifi off, but it's still fine for me. Not having any of these other issues people are having. I just had an overheating issue the first week or so I had the phone, which seems to have resolved itself. I did try to get t mobile to send me a new phone (because I was concerned about the initial overheating), and received a total of four phones that were either covered with scratches or had weird issues like display discoloration and weird dips in the glass. Decided to stick with the first phone, which has zero issues, except it gets a little warm once in a while.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
With me my first s6 edge did have a ton of polishing scratches. The T-Mobile rep saw it also and was amazed. Swapped it out for another which had no scratches. Coming from an N5 I was scared but am loving it and have no lag.

Battery:

I got this on launch day at the store so battery is still not at full capacity but I got 4 hours screen on time yesterday and got home with over 30% left on a full day of use.

Currently I am at this, screenshots attached.

Much better than my N5 and I am very happy with it... And I despise touchwiz haha. Running google now launcher and google keyboard. Disabled all Samsung and t mobile apps I could and have no issues with touchwiz now besides the notification bar and lock screen.

Attachments

• 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 171
Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Rules of wireless chsrging.
1. Make sure the charger you buy puts out 12 volts instead of 5, your phone will charge faster and you don't have to be precise when putting your phone on the charger, some phones slide off during the night and that can be problematic. 5 volt chargers often do not have enough power to charge through some cases.
2.Make sure the charger has multiple charging coils, not just one, if you phone does slide it will still get charged as it doesn't matter where your phone sits on the pad. The tylt vu can charge a fully dead battery in 3.5 hours, slower than a wall charger but great during the night.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, returning to Samsung after a long time with HTC. I tried a test of leaving my phone off the charger last night with the Edge Screen clock going while it was backing up my photos and hooked up to wireless. No issues at all, went from 97% to 91% I believe?

It's really a fantastic phone. Hoping some software updates fix the battery issues some have been seeing.

How in the hell did you manage that? I tested mine last night without using any edge stuff. Went to bed around 1:00am at 100% and woke up at 5:55am down to 80%. That's pretty terrible in my opinion especially considering I never even touched it. My year and half old moto x would go all night and use about 5%.

DocRid

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Fully charged it two nights ago. 37hrs later I still have 34% left, even after some heavy usage last night when setting up Nova and such.

Screenshot_2015-04-13-11-44-13.jpg

bdmridgeback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my GS6E! Way better than my S5. I hard reset my S5 no less than 3 times after the last update and it still was laggy, slow and stuff not working as it should. This baby works, no noticable lag and smooth!

krhodes90

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint black 64 edge here and my brightness and screen are perfect. However i do have a wifi drain issue. Came to work and connected to wifi and i started losing battery pretty fast, turned it off and have better battery with 1 bar of lte at work vs full wifi so something is obviously wrong

Edit

The other thing that disappointed me was the wireless charger i woke up this morning with only 88% thats really bad i expected it to keep it topped off better than that

Any luck finding a solution? I just downloaded GSam Battery Monitor and my WiFi is to blame for about 30% of my battery loss.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine can easily get me through the day. I read somewhere that the first 10 percent goes pretty quickly and then the phone levels off. In my experience, I find this to be true for the most part. In other words, no complaints here.

Last edited:

asorokin1981

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I got my ATT galaxy 6 edge on the 11th and up until yesterday my battery activity was ok (battery would drain little faster on wifi but nothing crazy). Yesterday when i came home and left my phone on the table with 70 percent charge. When I went to pick up my phone at 11pm with no use what so ever I was down to 30 percent (no new apps have been installed). I restarted my phone and went to sleep. Woke up at 4am and my phone was down to 3 percent. Thats very scary that knew phone is acting that way. Unless Samsung pushes out an update to fix this issue before my 14 day return window i will be forced to return this phone. I just cant take the chance. I dont have unlimited data and im on wifi when possible. Oh and as for Lag and stutter. All i can say is yes i do see some stuttering and lag here and there, its very noticeable.Scares me to think that phone this new and so powerful would behave this way. I keep thinking if its acting this way now, how will it be 6 months from now when i have more apps installed.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got billed for mine...not even shipped yet...and I can say that I am starting to really be concerned with all the many issues being reported about the Edge. I can think of at least 4 primary issues...battery drain, over heating during charging and other uses, screen scratches, rotation breaking. I think there was one more issue but I can't remember it right now. I can see myself now standing in the Verizon store yelling at the moron behind the counter to replace this expensive turd with something that works as it should out of the box! UGHHHH

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery life was complete and utter TRASH I already took mine back. I'll miss the camera but I certainly won't miss locking my phone then the next time I open it it's missing lots of %'s on the battery, just ridiculous

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got billed for mine...not even shipped yet...and I can say that I am starting to really be concerned with all the many issues being reported about the Edge. I can think of at least 4 primary issues...battery drain, over heating during charging and other uses, screen scratches, rotation breaking. I think there was one more issue but I can't remember it right now. I can see myself now standing in the Verizon store yelling at the moron behind the counter to replace this expensive turd with something that works as it should out of the box! UGHHHH

If you liked it enough to order it, why are you expecting an expensive turd even before you get it? If you have one of the aforementioned problems it's fine to exchange it; if the battery is not up to what you would want out of the box (and you can only tell that after a few days), personalize it to your own usage patterns by turning off the things you don't use and see if it improves. If you start off angry even before you receive the device, where is the joy in trying it out and seeing how it does in your own hands?

skootr

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I fixed it by going to settings - wifi - advanced - Keep wifi on during sleep and set it to only when plugged in.
It made a world of difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37