Has anyone else....

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
...been having problems with their G4's lately. In the last week I've had to do 3 factory resets because something is bogging down or locking up my phone. Meaning...it just freezes up on whatever screen it's on and the only thing I can do is pull the battery. I thought I had it narrowed down to Greenify, but that's not it. It usually starts to happen on the third day after resetting it...I had to reset it on Sat morning, so I'm waiting to see if anything happens today.

Plus, I haven't been able to use the Facebook app for about a week...after the initial start up (logging in), it doesn't reopen at all. I am part of the alpha and beta testing programs, but I've also tried "unjoining" the groups and just installing what's on the Playstore...same thing. Not working.

Thanks for any help or insight.
T

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
No problems with my T-Mobile version.

Likely your device has a hardware problem. The only cause I can think of other than bad hardware is a rogue app. If you have any apps "not popular" de-install and see if it makes a difference. Good luck!

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It is. I thought I was going to have to do another yesterday, but it worked itself out. We'll see how today goes. Really weird...have never had this happen before. I've had this phone since June and it's been one of the best phones I've ever had.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
@T-Rob , If you've not already done so, try removing the MIcro-SD memory card and see if that makes a difference. I've had problems in the past and it has turned out to be a bad/corrupt memory card.

I'm on a Verizon G4 and was one of the (Unlucky?) ones to get the Oct 9th update. Only problem it really caused for me was the lack of notification issue. Other than that, things have been fine.

David

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, all is going well. I have a feeling it was Facebook. I was a beta tester, do I unsubscribed up it, uninstalled it, rebooted, and reinstalled it...today is day 4. So far, so good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000