Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

First, let me say that my last 3 phones have been Samsungs and the Note 7 is hands-down, the best of all of them. I am not looking forward to returning it.

Like the rest of you, I struggled with this decision and after going to the Verizon store and looking at various phones I finally went with the iPhone 7 plus w/256GB which arrives tomorrow. I just wanted the drama with Samsung to be over . . . Regardless, my second choice was the S7E and honestly, if the iPhone disappoints, I'll just pay the restocking fee and switch again now that I've mastered the art of setting up a new phone! I have never been an iOS fan but I do love my iPod so I'm hoping that iOS 10 along with the features of the 7+ will be enough to keep me happy.

splash112

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
well just downgraded

Just downgraded my device to the oneplus3, haven't had the chance to look at it yet but feel like I've been shafted, seems to have nice specs but that 1080p screen is going to bug the hell out of me

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Dat IPhone screen doh. It's 1080p IPS screen is nothing to laugh at. I'm a phone junkie and there really isn't anything out on Android right now.
Gen 1 Pixel is a no go and I have a LGV10.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I went with a 7 plus. There really wasn't anything else on Android that I liked. I usually switch between iOS and Android every other upgrade, so Ill switch now and next year Ill come back again.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: well just downgraded

If you can see the difference
And I think you should've gotten the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe (look it up if you don't know that phone! It's worth it).

g2manhou

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I just can't believe they aren't offering a discount on a current or future Samsung device to us. It really surprises me. They have to know they are going to lose alot of loyal customers to other android oems not to mention a ton to Apple which is happening as we speak. Yet they do nothing. Ok Samsung so be it.

Samsung website says they'll give you 100 bucks credit if you choose to pick up another Samsung device.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Much deliberation - went Pixel XL, barely. Ugh.

For me, for one millisecond contemplated getting the IPhone 7plus but I really need the spen so I went back to the Note5, and couldn't be happier, got my Spen back and the phone looks nice 😚

26e005face3a0b0ea36df6ff6b3d0824.jpg

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.
Don't forget part of the reason for the bad battery life...the LCD screen. I can't go back to that after having OLED for years.

splash112

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the UK and don't think the Zen phone is available here or on my network o2, was considering the note4 with the note5 not being released here but oneplus looked decent apart from screen lol so opted for that

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

People are writing off the lgv20's battery life and the phone isn't even out and people only have their hands on pre-production units...

This is what gets me at pre-release of pretty much every phone. People trashing it based on some blog with supposed real life evidence of how a phone looks or performs. I recall a heavy amount of trashing the Note 7 due to it "only having a 3250 battery". Now from reading, you would think the Note 7 is more important than someone's first born child and was the greatest piece of tech ever released.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Dat IPhone screen doh. It's 1080p IPS screen is nothing to laugh at. I'm a phone junkie and there really isn't anything out on Android right now.
Gen 1 Pixel is a no go and I have a LGV10.

Like DisplayMate said, the iPhone display is the best LCD on any smart phone. It also is very close to the Note 7.

So you telling people it's nothing to laugh at makes me laugh when I look at it side by side to my S7 Edge, (if I had my note still I would have), it is a really nice screen and to the regular eye, it isn't that much different in clarity other than Samsungs overly saturated colors.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brookec...eeps-pace-with-galaxy-note-7-s7/#129a8d3a7f9e

Vandito

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site

I ordered the 128gb black version from Verizon. Arriving Oct. 20th. Not excited about the looks but I like the performance and battery life that it should have. I use Google maps everyday while driving, Google assistant sounds intriguing.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

The iBezel 7 plus has no fast wireless charging or fast charging no expandable storage no MST/NFC for payment no 1440p display no customization at all no Nova prime no headphone jack. Not worth 800$ at all. I like my phone to look and run how I like it not how Tim crook likes it.
And let's not forget iPhones share feature isn't as good.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

You mean the one where you don't have to get up off your chair and bump phones together to send someone a picture? I don't consider that worse.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Screen real estate? The S7 edge has a 5.5 just like the iPhone 7+. You get better screen to body ratio on the S7 edge. Unless you need the gigantic bezels the iPhone has to use as a coffee table or something?
If you consider the sharp curve, the actual flat surface of the Plus is bigger. I barely tolerated the curve on my N7 and dislike the 7E curve. Too much distortion with games, videos and web content. Half as bad with Note 7.

wheresmy600

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

I went with the Note5 and couldn't be happier , I'll keep it until the Note8 is released next year ☺

The Note5 is a great phone. If I hadn't run out of storage I would have kept mine

How do you feel about having to pay full price for an old phone? I just can't bring myself to do it. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron