High Resolution Question

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have grown up in what I guess I would call the affordability of the desktop to the mobilization of computing. I remember when there were beepers. I had an x86 from IBM when I was 4ish maybe 5 and I can honestly say that without an electronic dictionary at my fingertips I would probably have an 1/8 of my vocabulary and an understanding of it taken away. I am living in a world where I don't have time to stop and look in a dictionary to learn a word that will have no relevance to me if I take the time to do so. In other words I don't have time to stop and flip the pages casually as my ancestors did before me. I, you, we, live in to fast a paced world to do that and keep up at work, home, or life in general. I am not sure what "kids" you are referring to that stumble and trip over words but maybe they are hurried by the world in general not the lack of speech that they use in a given day.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It has been proven that because the younger generation is typing more they are actually building a bigger vocabulary, spelling more precisely, and better at using grammar than their fathers and mothers. Happy now?!?!

Um, you sure about that? About half of my friends type like they are illiterate!

How I type: Hey, what's up?

How they type: hay wats zup

Honestly, I hate people who spell that way because it doesn't really make you look any cooler when you type like that (to be honest, I do type 'cuz' from time to time) and it makes you look like you're uneducated. I don't think anyone will be accepting them for a job anytime soon!

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Um, you sure about that? About half of my friends type like they are illiterate!

Honestly, I hate people who spell that way because it doesn't really make you look any cooler when you type like that (to be honest, I do type 'cuz' from time to time) and it makes you look like you're uneducated. I don't think anyone will be accepting them for a job anytime soon!

You might want to take a closer look at your choice of friends if it concerns you. On the other hand I have close friends that can hardly use proper grammar and I love then dearly. Speech and grammar are not all there is to life. It does drive me crazy and I do try and correct them in the nicest possible way. But it gets old after a while.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site

What you don't understand is some people do that because it's acceptable "internet speak." My son does that, but he's also on the honor roll and dean's list at his college. He's perfectly capable of talking and writing correctly when he needs to.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the Retina display is by far the best mobile screen I have seen as well. Haven't seen a Super Amoled Plus screen yet but I am assuming while it will look great it still won't be as good as the Retina display.........

So here is a Random question......If their was an Android phone that was released with a retina display like the iPhone 5 but the screen was only 4", would you buy that or still go with the larger, 4.5" Super Amoled Plus screen on the galaxy.

Just curious if people would prefer the larger screen over the better screen. I myself don't think I can go back to a 4" screen.....

GREAT QUESTION!

That is exactly why I am torn between the S2 and the Proton. I per-ordered the S2 this past week but I like the 'idea' of the better resolution. And I do wear glasses but always liked have it sharper and getting more on the screen.

I guess when I get it in my hands, I'm going to fall in love with it. I would still have time to bring it to the store and compare it to the Proton.

And I'm guessing there will be one or two more new phones announced for Sprint in the next few weeks, to choose from!

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I stopped and looked at the Bionic at Verizon today and they had some live fish tank background going and it looked like everything was painted on a canvas.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
People get lazy about talking properly. Too bad. Prior to losing my job I was a manager and interviewing people today was very entertaining. Not only with improper use of grammar but dress code too. And their college education taught them what?

sent from my Thunderbolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia