HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
umm...anything is should know here for v.friend with flashed darch OC kernal?

also, beezy, what are the chances of making Friendstream a flashable add on for iced? i like friendstream, but would also like to be up date on iced...

I plan to make a zip that will add in friendstream I just got a lot of projects going right now,as soon as i get this project im working on now knocked out ill get it put together.

ItsDon

May 9, 2010
Visit site
If i remember right there isn't a init.local.rc in system/etc.It wouldn't be hard to add that.Also would need to add a sh file.
I think the .34 kernel is one of the newer kernels that darchstar put together.If you could please link me to the thread id like to have a read and if you get it all set up or need help ill do what i can.It does sound like it would be too hard to get set up.

Here is the thread.

Collin_ph Battery Tweak for Darch Froyo Roms - xda-developers

Looks like the OP is getting 35+ hours out of his Hero :eek: Maybe this is something that can be incorporated in your roms(?).

Anyway, I'd love it if you could hook me up with a flashable zip or at least some detailed instructions for getting this to run. Thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here is the thread.

Collin_ph Battery Tweak for Darch Froyo Roms - xda-developers

Looks like the OP is getting 35+ hours out of his Hero :eek: Maybe this is something that can be incorporated in your roms(?).

Anyway, I'd love it if you could hook me up with a flashable zip or at least some detailed instructions for getting this to run. Thanks!

Thanks for the link,im reading thru it now to see whats going on. From what i read so far it might be better to hang back and wait til they get the version out that will work for any rom.I'm still going to give it a go here in just a little bit,ill let you know how it turns out.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
420 is the newest version v4. however if you want friendfeed youll have to get friend v3 as it hasnt been updated yet to v4.20

dondadah88

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks alot. i'm considering this rom but i would to know how the battery life is and if the undervolt would work.

i'm using 2.2 from darthstar but it's alittle unstable on network issues and 2g/3g switch. i have heard some good things from this rom that why i would like to give it a shot.

ItsDon

May 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks alot. i'm considering this rom but i would to know how the battery life is and if the undervolt would work.

i'm using 2.2 from darthstar but it's alittle unstable on network issues and 2g/3g switch. i have heard some good things from this rom that why i would like to give it a shot.

I'm using V2 Lite with the latest UV2-710 kernel and the battery lasts all day. Rom, while not the latest, is rock solid. I have 18 apps installed and still have 90MB internal storage left after deleting some bloatware with ES File Explorer, good stuff. Plus Beezy is a helluva dev ;)

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to the ROM or not but thought this was the first place to start. I noticed I couldn't link a contact to facebook because it wasn't really signing in. Then I went to Accounts and Sync in settings and everytime I select Accounts and Sync it force closes. Tried a few times and restarted a few times and same results. Tried to use Ti Backup to restore the settings but that still gave the same results. Any ideas? thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to the ROM or not but thought this was the first place to start. I noticed I couldn't link a contact to facebook because it wasn't really signing in. Then I went to Accounts and Sync in settings and everytime I select Accounts and Sync it force closes. Tried a few times and restarted a few times and same results. Tried to use Ti Backup to restore the settings but that still gave the same results. Any ideas? thanks!

Which version are you running? I'm running Iced-420-f and i don't have any problems going into accounts & sync.

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Which version are you running? I'm running Iced-420-f and i don't have any problems going into accounts & sync.

I'm running Iced 3.6 lite. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any problems with it when I flashed to this version (my first of yours) because all my contacts are synced. Seems like this must of happened recently and didn't notice til I tried to sync a new contact.

Also, I haven't flashed to your newest version just bc I hate flashing and having to reset everything up again.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Iced 3.6 lite. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any problems with it when I flashed to this version (my first of yours) because all my contacts are synced. Seems like this must of happened recently and didn't notice til I tried to sync a new contact.

Also, I haven't flashed to your newest version just bc I hate flashing and having to reset everything up again.

I have that versions sitting around ill flash it and see if i can figure out whats going on.You should be able to flash over the top without losing anything.Ill look into it.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Beezy have you got the kernel issue fixed yet so you don't get the audio interference with your rom yet? I know your busy just wanted to check :)

smokeyjoey8

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue where, when I turn off 3G to save battery life, and then turn it back on later, it refuses to connect to mobile internet, but will claim it is on. Its a real pain in the *** when I'm trying to save battery while on the go, but occasionally want to send pics to people, tweet or blog, etc.

I also think its worth pointing out that I sent a bunch of people pics from disneyland 3 weeks ago, and they didn't actually send until I was at comic-con this past weekend.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Beezy have you got the kernel issue fixed yet so you don't get the audio interference with your rom yet? I know your busy just wanted to check :)

Yeah urushiol put one together,i just forgot to put it up on first post.It's back one page on page 50 post 491.

I have an issue where, when I turn off 3G to save battery life, and then turn it back on later, it refuses to connect to mobile internet, but will claim it is on. Its a real pain in the *** when I'm trying to save battery while on the go, but occasionally want to send pics to people, tweet or blog, etc.

I also think its worth pointing out that I sent a bunch of people pics from disneyland 3 weeks ago, and they didn't actually send until I was at comic-con this past weekend.

Im not to sure whats going on there but ill check and see if i can see whats going on.

ItsDon

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed the clear lockbar and am not sure I like it. Is there a stock espresso lockbar available? Any idea when the new versions will be up? Probably time for me to retire v2-Lite.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I installed the clear lockbar and am not sure I like it. Is there a stock espresso lockbar available? Any idea when the new versions will be up? Probably time for me to retire v2-Lite.

Ill look around on my pc i might already have that espresso done,not sure tho.As for the updates im working on them,ill get them up asap.

neely615

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Need to update Kernel on HoneyBun v420?

Do I need to flash this updated kernel then? I haven't had any issues with the Odexed version, and it says I am running 2.6.29-d30020a8 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1 . Also, if you repost the v4 let me know and I can update the 'mirror'. Lastly, I noticed in the urushiol thread on xda that there is a stock kernel flash here, which I am assuming is this one (all links say it is)? Just searching for consistency. Thanks again for the constant work, and I seriously will pay when the Froyo sense build comes out (and assume waiting for legend release is needed).

2.6.29-bc0d2cff
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

There it is, with honeybun ramdisk.

I flashed the boot.img, then pushed the wlan.ko separately on my phone, so I haven't actually tested the flashable, but I've tested everything inside it.

Thanks NfiniteFX45 for giving me a rom to kang it from. <3

EDIT: Fixes audio loss issues with the original (iced)honeybun.v420 kernel.

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to flash this updated kernel then? I haven't had any issues with the Odexed version, and it says I am running 2.6.29-d30020a8 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1 . Also, if you repost the v4 let me know and I can update the 'mirror'. Lastly, I noticed in the urushiol thread on xda that there is a stock kernel flash, which I am assuming is this one? Just searching for consistency. Thanks again for the constant work, and I seriously will pay when the Froyo sense build comes out (and assume waiting for legend release is needed).

If you aren't having issues then you don't have to flash it.Just if you get audio loss or noise when headphones are plugged in then flash it.I've been so busy that i haven't looked at his thread for awhile so im not sure about the stock one he has posted over there.I would just use the one he posted here if you need to.

neely615

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So I kind of got in a bind and had to reflash a kernel (didn't have a nandroid+ext backup of v420) and used the SugarPack you mentioned before, which gives me a different kernel (Beezy laptop..). If you have a chance, you wouldn't mind throwing up a 'stock' kernel for v420 would you? Thanks again, and sorry for stupidness on my part.

If you aren't having issues then you don't have to flash it.Just if you get audio loss or noise when headphones are plugged in then flash it.I've been so busy that i haven't looked at his thread for awhile so im not sure about the stock one he has posted over there.I would just use the one he posted here if you need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02