How can I copy my MP3s, folders and all from MY PC to My Android 5 phone?

EVJWinters

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
The folder structure on my PC is: Music/Artists/Album/Song
I want to drag and drop the Music folder from my PC to my Android 5 phone. I've tried AirDroid, but it can't handle folders. It can only handle files. So to use AirDroid, I have to manually crate each folder and sub-folder on my phone then I can drag and drop the MP3 files into each appropriate sub-folder on my phone. As I have several hundred files to copy, this is too difficult.

I've tried USB cable file transfer, but when I drag and drop a folder from my PC to my phone, the copying dialog box pops up and say's its copying, but really does nothing. It just sits there with nothing on the progress bar and makes no further progress.

I've tried File Commander, but it fails to connect.

There really must be some way to transfer folders and files from PC to Android 5. Can anyone help?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
true and I do agree that the transference of data between the computer and phone is rather slow and often without any sort of notification. If you've followed my tutorial on how to create and send data to and from you phone to computer without success, You might be searching for your files in the wrong place.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tricks-how-access-your-data-images-music.html

However and depending on how many files you're attempting to send from your computer to your phone.. this will take some time. Like I said the data transference rate is rather slow. There could be apps which could speed the transference rate up slightly but as of yet, I've not looked into this.

Also, one thing I've not tried is to connect your phone to an alternate USB storage device then simply plug your phone into this device and see if you can access the files in this manor. I'd be interested in seeing this if successful.

EVJWinters

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks ToasterVan
I do know exactly where my MP3 files are, that is not the issue. The issue is, following your tutorial, the rate of transfer is not slow, it fails to do anything at all. I tried to transfer one folder with 11 MP3s in it, as a test, and the Copy dialog box popped up, and nothing happened. I tried again and walked away from my PC for over an hour and came back to find absolutely nothing happened. Not even one MP3 made it to the phone. Apparently, USB connection is not an option.

From my PC, I am able to brows my phone, and not only just look, but I can manually create folders on my phone, using my PC. But for some reason, transferring Folders and Files is out of the question.

Attempts to use IP software rather then USB direct connection, such as AirDroid, will allow me to transfer files, but not folders. I have to crate the folder myself, then copy the MP3s to them. Which is unacceptable as that is too many folders to crate then manually copy the MP3s to them.

EVJWinters

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Chron.com was the very first thing I tried. I even tried a different USB cable to make sure the cable was not the problem.
I don't understand why apps like AirDroid can't handle folders. Why would they only allow file copying, but not folders with files? That makes no sense to me.
Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe