How to prevent emergency calls on HTC Desire 12+?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My HTC Desire 12+ (a relatively new buy, not eager to return it) which is running Android Oreo, has been giving me very consistent problems regarding accidental emergency calls. To describe the issue: a notification will light up the phone screen briefly, which the emergency button takes the bottom quarter of the screen. The phone's touchscreen seems extremely sensitive compared to other phones I've had, and just about every time a notification comes in while the phone is within my pocket, the emergency button is tapped. All it takes is a single tap, and I'm on line with 911.

I have tried alternative lockscreens, but none of them prevent the screen lighting up upon receiving notifications. (Hi Locker and Max Locker respectively, I believe.) I have been reduced to removing my PIN & fingerprint, as the emergency button's sensitivity is prevalent there, too. Still, I cannot seem to prevent my phone from accidentally calling 911.

Another but relevant query: are there more ways to dial 911 on this device than usual? I have been casually scrolling through apps only to discover that I'm calling 911 even without the former issue. Am I to assume this is a bug, or is there a combination of buttons I may be pressing to cause this?

If you have any advice or answers on what to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It would seem that the proximity sensor on your phone is not working correctly. When the phone is in your pocket, the screen should not be active. Check your phone's settings to see if you mistakenly turned off the sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000