HTC 10 Owners: First Impressions, Initial Reviews Thread

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just received my tmobile variant. I LOVE the build quality and the feel in the hand. It is amazing.

The screen is better than I thought it would be based on some reviews and impressions from other users. I think it's top notch.

Battery is draining extremely fast. Hoping this levels out. I have had the phone on for 45 minutes and have already losf 15% this is with the screen at full brightness though.

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to our carrier yesterday and I pulled up the camera. The wooden floor was a certain color, when I looked at the HTC camera the color stayed the same. However, Samsung shift the color drastically, for what reason, I don't know why.

The screen display mode was probably set to adaptive mode which changes the saturation, sharpness, etc. depending on what content you're viewing. If you care at all about color accuracy on the S7's screen then you change that to either photo or basic mode.

In my experience, photos taken with 10 and viewed on a computer screen lacked a certain "punch" to them. Almost as if a little color had been drained out of 'em versus the S7 or even Nexus 6P. But since you couldn't really tell unless you compared photos side by side, what it came down to for me was speed and overall accuracy.

That's something the S7 handles well in spades. Its autofocus was always the fastest and the speed at which it captured shots made for CONSISTENTLY better photos of, say, my dogs playing around in the house. That's why people say the 10's camera is "close" but never "better" than the S7 because the way a photo looks as far as color reproduction goes can be subjective (unless if it's way obviously overblown or skewed) but the speed, autofocusing abilities, and consistency of how photos turn out is not.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
New owner as of today, came from the s7 edge. Loving it so far, much easier to handle than the edge. Screen is very nice, I was worried about the switch to lcd, but this screen is nicely saturated.

Great speakers, best I've heard in a mobile device, and headphone audio is spectacular.

Only complaint so far is that the auto brightness is wonky or perhaps overly aggressive?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Love mine. Lowered dpi to 480 and it's perfect. Except on white backgrounds bottom of my screen seems to have a yellow tint. I'll see if I can stand it for a week, if not I'll see if I can get it swapped at T-Mobile.

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
New owner as of today, came from the s7 edge. Loving it so far, much easier to handle than the edge. Screen is very nice, I was worried about the switch to lcd, but this screen is nicely saturated.

Great speakers, best I've heard in a mobile device, and headphone audio is spectacular.

Only complaint so far is that the auto brightness is wonky or perhaps overly aggressive?

Try Lux Auto-Brightness on the Play Store. While I felt auto-brightness to be sluggish on the 10, I found with that app installed the screen adjusted itself appropriately far better but in most lighting conditions than HTC's method.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try Lux Auto-Brightness on the Play Store. While I felt auto-brightness to be sluggish on the 10, I found with that app installed the screen adjusted itself appropriately far better but in most lighting conditions than HTC's method.
Much more responsive, thanks for the suggestion

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Love mine. Lowered dpi to 480 and it's perfect. Except on white backgrounds bottom of my screen seems to have a yellow tint. I'll see if I can stand it for a week, if not I'll see if I can get it swapped at T-Mobile.

Bottom part of my screen has a pink hue. First day with it, so hope it goes away

Posted via the Android Central App

mkgino

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I just had my HTC 10 delivered which I ordered online directly from HTC. I waited a month from the day I preordered until I got the phone in my hands. Here is my mini review. I have owned two previous HTC phones the M7 and the M8 so I have some experience with on HTC devices.

If you are coming from a previous HTC phone don't second guess this device its an overall great phone and you will be happy with your purchase/upgrade.

Build quality
The build quality is excellent. I have the carbon gray model and from what I can tell the device feels ultra premium with no areas where I feel HTC cut quality. I also feel confident that this phone wont run into any hardware issues like the M7 purple camera tint problem or the M8 with the film covering the camera lens causing blurred pictures.

Speakers
Just as loud as my M8 but the M8 quality was a bit higher. If the M8 sound is a 9.5/10 then the HTC 10 is a 9/10. While others may not agree with me, I would rather have a nice clean design and sacrifice a fraction on sound quality by changing the position of the speakers. I like the full glass front look of the phone much better than the dual speaker setup of the M8/M9. Clicky buttons that are extremely high quality.

Software
Ultra fluid software with almost no lag. I felt the phone had a few glitches here and there but nothing crazy. I enjoy the near nexus experience with a light sense skin over stock android.

Camera
Coming from both the M7 and then M8 this is the first HTC device I can say has a great camera. I understand it may not be as good as the S7 but the differences are very minor/minimal. I feel for what most of us are going to be using it for it an almost perfect camera. Yes finally an HTC phone has a camera that is great. Don't second guess your purchase decision on this phone because of the camera.

Screen
Screen quality is great. A definite step up from the M7 and M8. Brightness seems to be on par with M8 when being held side by side. I haven't held it in direct sunlight yet but Im sure it will be ok. Doubt it is as bright as S7 in daylight but for daily use not a huge issue. No major pink tint that has been reported on XDA but only a slight pink tint at certain angles. Apparently any pinkish tint goes away after a few days/weeks of use so its not a concern for me.

Battery life
Still on it for my first few days but it will get through a day with no issue. With quick charge the phone charges fast anyway so battery life will never be a huge concern for your average day to day user.

Overall its an amazing phone that I wish HTC built a few years ago and its the best phone I have owned to date. Great upgrade if you are coming from a previous HTC phone. You will be very happy with it, definitely worth the wait and I highly recommend it to everyone.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just had my HTC 10 delivered which I ordered online directly from HTC. I waited a month from the day I preordered until I got the phone in my hands. Here is my mini review. I have owned two previous HTC phones the M7 and the M8 so I have some experience with on HTC devices.

If you are coming from a previous HTC phone don't second guess this device its an overall great phone and you will be happy with your purchase/upgrade.

Build quality
The build quality is excellent. I have the carbon gray model and from what I can tell the device feels ultra premium with no areas where I feel HTC cut quality. I also feel confident that this phone wont run into any hardware issues like the M7 purple camera tint problem or the M8 with the film covering the camera lens causing blurred pictures.

Speakers
Just as loud as my M8 but the M8 quality was a bit higher. If the M8 sound is a 9.5/10 then the HTC 10 is a 9/10. While others may not agree with me, I would rather have a nice clean design and sacrifice a fraction on sound quality by changing the position of the speakers. I like the full glass front look of the phone much better than the dual speaker setup of the M8/M9. Clicky buttons that are extremely high quality.

Software
Ultra fluid software with almost no lag. I felt the phone had a few glitches here and there but nothing crazy. I enjoy the near nexus experience with a light sense skin over stock android.

Camera
Coming from both the M7 and then M8 this is the first HTC device I can say has a great camera. I understand it may not be as good as the S7 but the differences are very minor/minimal. I feel for what most of us are going to be using it for it an almost perfect camera. Yes finally an HTC phone has a camera that is great. Don't second guess your purchase decision on this phone because of the camera.

Screen
Screen quality is great. A definite step up from the M7 and M8. Brightness seems to be on par with M8 when being held side by side. I haven't held it in direct sunlight yet but Im sure it will be ok. Doubt it is as bright as S7 in daylight but for daily use not a huge issue. No major pink tint that has been reported on XDA but only a slight pink tint at certain angles. Apparently any pinkish tint goes away after a few days/weeks of use so its not a concern for me.

Battery life
Still on it for my first few days but it will get through a day with no issue. With quick charge the phone charges fast anyway so battery life will never be a huge concern for your average day to day user.

Overall its an amazing phone that I wish HTC built a few years ago and its the best phone I have owned to date. Great upgrade if you are coming from a previous HTC phone. You will be very happy with it, definitely worth the wait and I highly recommend it to everyone.
72f9b7d46803090224df56e0369b399a.jpg

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why my battery drains from 80% to 61% over night when I do not use the phone. However, throughout the day I have excellent battery. I think something is wrong in the night why when I am not using my phone the battery drains that much.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That is interesting for sure. Let us know if you find the cause. I tried leaving my phone unplugged last night and after 10 hours of sleep 😌 my phone dropped 5 percent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe