HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If they relocate the power button I would be fine if it got taller or give me some type of knock on feature. My real hope is they simply decrease the bezel size especially top and bottom and increase the screen size

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Some more leaks: http://androidandme.com/2014/02/new...w-closeup-of-second-camera-on-screen-buttons/

HTC-M8-One-camera-leak-630x466.jpg

Call me a sucker, but these images look legit to me.

Looks like they're going with two LEDs with different colours? Is that what Apple did with one of their phones?

Looks good anyway. Can't wait for the reveal.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Some more leaks: More leaks of next HTC flagship show closeup of second camera, on screen buttons | Android and Me

http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna...ds/2014/02/HTC-M8-One-camera-leak-630x466.jpg

Call me a sucker, but these images look legit to me.

Looks like they're going with two LEDs with different colours? Is that what Apple did with one of their phones?

Looks good anyway. Can't wait for the reveal.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I hope those aren't legit, if so then HTC added some bottom bezel just to put their logo there, which is even worse than when they removed the multitasking button to add their logo on the One.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope those aren't legit, if so then HTC added some bottom bezel just to put their logo there, which is even worse than when they removed the multitasking button to add their logo on the One.

Yeah, seems like there'll just be a black bar with nothing but "htc" on it. Meh, if it's similar size as the One, I'm fine with that.

Just hoping there's a bigger battery and a really kickass camera(s). If it's close to 3000mah then that's great. Because the Xperia Z1 battery life is nuts.

pitchblende

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I hope they kinda follow what LG did on the Nexus 5, no HTC logo in front, just the screen and dual front speakers and retain the cool HTC logo at the back. But I think that won't happen.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If that image is true, it's just ridiculous of HTC. Should have just left the buttons were they were if you were going to keep the HTC logo on the front. You have effectively added more bezel when buyers are screaming for less.

I will not buy this phone if that's what it looks like

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If that is the real deal it seems pointless having the onscreen buttons as it now takes up even more screen real estate along with that huge bottom bezel?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Between the speaker row, the HTC insignia, and the row of buttons you lose over an inch of screen just on the bottom. Regardless of the internal specs I see this as a fail on HTC's part

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Between the speaker row, the HTC insignia, and the row of buttons you lose over an inch of screen just on the bottom. Regardless of the internal specs I see this as a fail on HTC's part

Have to agree. If this is indeed the final product, I'm leaning towards the S5 now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Since my daughter got the G2 I've been contemplating the G3 (I'm eligible for upgrade in July) but I also assumed I would buy the One2. Like my last 5 htc phones. I just don't understand their thinking here

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Agreed.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
saw this on twitter today. the twitter account that posted the image is @HTCFamily_RU

View attachment 104341

HTC M8 leaks again with second camera and on-screen buttons - Pocket-lint

If that is legitimate and that's what the final design will look like, I must say I'm disappointed.

The edges are more curved and rounded. I prefer the more sharper edges of the previous One. The top speaker is smaller and off center, whereas the bottom speaker is big and centered. It looks asymmetrical.

And I agree with the black bar with the HTC logo, completely pointless. The move to the on screen buttons was so that you don't need the black bar there, so why include it?

This looks like a worse design than the first HTC One. I like the older design more.

Seems to match up with this that we've already seen?

View attachment 104355

What is this from? It seems to have the same front design, but the back doesn't have the dual cameras