I am going back to Blackberry. Droid keyboard sucks.

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Without arrow the virtual keyboard is worthless. I don't understand why more people are not screaming about it. It is totally unusable. I have tried "Better Keyboard" and it is no better. Why in the world aren't there arrows for cursor control? Thank goodness for the 30 day guarantee.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
To each's own when it comes to cellular device preferences. Sorry the Android did not meet your expectations, hopefully the BlackBerry will be everything you hoped and wished.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem using the hardware keyboard buttons to move around the screen on the rare occasion I need to.

Ive never seen a virtual keyboard that has arrows. Sounds like you should have done some more testing in store before deciding.

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem using the hardware keyboard buttons to move around the screen on the rare occasion I need to.

Ive never seen a virtual keyboard that has arrows. Sounds like you should have done some more testing in store before deciding.

I tried using the physical keyboard as well. Every time (which is every single text I type), I tried using the pad to move backwards, it thought I was trying to cut and paste. Why does it think that? Why wont it simply move the stupid cursor...Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like youre accidentally selecting text, not hitting the directions.

I think I get it now. i am not supposed to hit the gold keypad made of metal, I am supposed to use the plastic border around it.....Wow, now that is intuitive.....

I am going to try this for a while to see if it works better for me.....When using the physical keyboard for texting, why don't I see auto-correct, etc activate?

I have Better Keyboard turned on for my virtual keyboard. Could that be the cause of does the phone simply not provide this functionality when using the physical keyboard?

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
because if you're using the hardware buttons it assumes you know how to spell and won't be making a ton of typos I bet.

BetterKeyboard doesn't have auto-correct for hardware, I don't know of a way to turn that on.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh. One more suggestion. Try using the compact QWERTY that betterkeyboard includes. That might be easier for you. I actually like that quite a bit.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
To each's own when it comes to cellular device preferences. Sorry the Android did not meet your expectations, hopefully the BlackBerry will be everything you hoped and wished.

Perfectly said. I may just add (and I'm NOT trying to be rude of agressive) don't blame user error for software / hardware issues.

I have never noticed the lack of arrows as anything negative. Screen navigation is a breeze with this thing. Fat fingers or not....what exactly are you trying do that you're not able to?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I get it now. i am not supposed to hit the gold keypad made of metal, I am supposed to use the plastic border around it.....Wow, now that is intuitive.....

I am going to try this for a while to see if it works better for me.....When using the physical keyboard for texting, why don't I see auto-correct, etc activate?

I have Better Keyboard turned on for my virtual keyboard. Could that be the cause of does the phone simply not provide this functionality when using the physical keyboard?

Stop using better keyboard, as that is just a skin with few user enhancements to the stock.

I would try smart keyboard Pro - its the most accurate (although the autocorrection isn't as good), and it comes with a autocorrect for the hardware keyboard.

On the fingers side, I am 6'3" and 270 lbs, and have nice big german heritage field laborer hands, and typing for me isn't that much of an issue. Keep working at it, and try using the tips of your fingers instead of the pad. I had to do that as well on my old Curve, and regardless of the phone, I feel it helps me type easier.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Stop using better keyboard, as that is just a skin with few user enhancements to the stock.

I would try smart keyboard Pro - its the most accurate (although the autocorrection isn't as good), and it comes with a autocorrect for the hardware keyboard.

You really thing better keyboard is that bad? The skins COMPLETELY change the look of it, and for many makes it a whole world easier to type on. Also, think, if having trouble typing and you also have a bad autocorrect, isnt that 2 things working against you, as opposed to just the bad typing?

Just a thought...

Fat Fingers

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
...what exactly are you trying do that you're not able to?

I am trying to be able to get the cursor to jump back between two letters in the middle of a word so I can correct typos. This is virtually impossible to do accurately/consistently using the tap method.

Sliding out the physical keyboard to do this is cumbersome.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
You need to practice and have a little bit of patience. I have big thumbs and can place the cursor accurately between letters most of the time. Also if this was your deal breaker (which it apparently it is) why did you get this phone in the first place?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967