I am keeping my PreOrder

Keeping your EVO4GLTE preorder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is way more lopsided than I thought it would be based on the reaction in the forums. HTC makes some damn good hardware and the EVO-faithful recognize that. Heres to a quick resolution of this matter!

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just better not hear an announcement for some new EVO 5G LTEX with Teleportation, Flux Capacitor and Anti-Grav before I get this one delivered.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The insidesprintnow person seems to think we are getting our phones early next week. Said something about HTC and judicial review this week. GOOD NEWS?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-finally-acknowledges-evo-4g-lte-delay-its-community-forums

This just in.. I generally choose to be an optimistic realist and I'm keeping my "free" pre order with Best Buy cuz I can see this whole thing blowing over by tomorrow, the ok being given to deliver/distribute, and I walk into best buy on Friday and pick my product up.. It's a hope, but I can see it happening

Highly doubt it. But wishful thinking. Sprint sent word to employees the phone will not be releasing Friday.

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep mine for the time being. If we don't have anything definite after the 25th I'll look at canceling my pre-order. I don't think Sprint needs and interest free loan any longer than that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bez787

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter where you pre ordered it from? I preordered mine from best buy, I wonder if I will be among the first to get theirs when it launches.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Amazon and have not received anything. I called to see about the delay and they were still showing that it would ship out tomorrow and arrive on the 22nd. I tried explaining the customs situation and her response was "Well Amazon has not been told anything different so it will ship tomorrow." My response was um, ok... I won't hold my breath. Luckily Amazon doesn't charge you until the item is shipped so I'm not out of any money. I'll keep my pre-order for now.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First this is NOT Sprints fault. Why get pissed at them? They addressed the problem in a timely manner, I cannot understand why people would jump ship over that.

If you are THAT antsy to the point of switching carriers and cannot wait a week or two more for a phone you have other problems. i:)i

My only question is I thought it was illegal to bill someone for a product before it ships, at least before a certain time. I am unsure.

May 15, 2012
Visit site
First this is NOT Sprints fault. Why get pissed at them? They addressed the problem in a timely manner, I cannot understand why people would jump ship over that.

If you are THAT antsy and cannot wait for a phone then you have other problems. i:)i

My only question is I thought it was illegal to bill someone for a product before it ships, at least before a certain time. I am unsure.

I agree, its NOT Sprints fault. I would believe that they received assurances from HTC that the issue had been addressed. So, we have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Companies charge our CC before products ship all the time. It was also clearly stated during the Pre-order that we would be charged right away, before the product ships. Nothing was done in secret here.

Now if may be a different story if there is a shortage of product available and the pre-order units are not full-filled 1st and some phones are sold to people that have not already paid in full. I am not a lawyer but, the pre-order process implied that by charging your CC right away your where reserving the phone and therefore it could not be sold to someone else. I am sure that someone else may see this differently. I ran a landscape business for many years and I could not sell product to a customer, charge the customer, then not deliver the product but sell and delivery it to someone else.

As for myself, I am keeping my pre-order and will take a wait and see approach. As time goes by a reserve the right to change my mind.

webmasterb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I saw in the forum's that some of you paid the $45 early upgrade fee. Just thought I'd give you some fuel for your conversation with sprint. I attempted to do the same, but was told that the Purchasable early upgrades were "TARGETED" and I was not eligible. I was processed for an early upgrade for free. I'm not trying to gloat, just wanted to give you some ammuniton to get your money back.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw in the forum's that some of you paid the $45 early upgrade fee. Just thought I'd give you some fuel for your conversation with sprint. I attempted to do the same, but was told that the Purchasable early upgrades were "TARGETED" and I was not eligible. I was processed for an early upgrade for free. I'm not trying to gloat, just wanted to give you some ammuniton to get your money back.

Well, I paid the early upgrade fee without any qualms in order to get this phone. However, if this delay goes on into June you can bet that I will be asking for a portion of that money back. I bought it out specifically to upgrade to this device in May. I know this isn't Sprints fault, but I have no recourse against HTC directly.

Xiphias

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It may very well be HTC's fault, but it could also be that they were told by Customs that everything was fine and then, with no warning, this happened. We really have no way of knowing whether HTC dropped the ball, or if Customs pulled a 180 at the last minute, or if this is the result of Apple interfering, or if it's all the illuminati...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg