I caved in and got the Note 20 Ultra, love the phone, hate the size!

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I was always under the impression that with a note series phone it always implied a bigger screen. the Note series kind of set the bar for phablets and is the only one of its kind. they're trying to get the waters with the s21u but it's not going to be a Note replacement by anyways. the Note has sort of found its niche in the market.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the size but the weight can definitely be lighter. I also don't want it getting any bigger, but maybe all the tech I like requires the weight. When I pick up my Note 10 Ultra, you can really feel the weight difference. Also, I drop the phone on my face sometimes in bed so it also hurts more. HAHAHA

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The weight difference between my ceramic S10+ and my 4a5G is madness. The S10+ feels like a brick in comparison. Size wise they are very similar. Weight wise they are miles apart. Ceramic vs plastic.
Then again one was £1200 new and the other £499 new (although I paid £699 and £399 respectively)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Love the size, not as thrilled with the weight. I do need to be able to hold it in one hand and get it a pants pocket. So far that's still easy, but it can't get much bigger without bumping up against that issue.

But it is so much easier to use a big phone's screen for so many things. I don't bother to bring my tablet anymore if I'm away on a trip. I'm comfortable watching a movie on the phone on occasion. Web browsing actually works on a big screen. Etc.

Different strokes, different folks.

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I might be the only woman who doesn't have an issue with the note ultra size. It works for me. If you tried to force me to go to a regular sized phone, idk how I'd be able to deal with that. Lol

Why did you still get the Ultra if you knew you wouldn't like the size? I'm just curious.

As I said, I was bored with my note 10, I love the s pen, hate the flat Note 20 with all the extras removed (display, no sd card, battery life etc). I love the s pen. I get that notes are supposed to be bigger but these sizes are ridiculous for me. If there's yet another size increase, it will definitely be my last note.

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
...one positive thought about it's weight, and I say this because I dropped mine on my foot once, you could use it as a defensive weapon against a potential attacker! One or two good cracks in the side of the head (temple area) and he's down! (and I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm serious)

Looool, thanks for the tip. You're right, definitely comes in handy as a weapon 😂

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It's a Note. It isn't supposed to be small. That's one of the reasons I buy it. The large screen. It isn't for everyone.

I've been using the note for years since Note 3. I get they are supposed to be bigger. There's a limit to everything. The fact you have giant hands doesn't invalidate my complaint, thank you.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
As I said, I was bored with my note 10, I love the s pen, hate the flat Note 20 with all the extras removed (display, no sd card, battery life etc). I love the s pen. I get that notes are supposed to be bigger but these sizes are ridiculous for me. If there's yet another size increase, it will definitely be my last note.
Some won't be happy till they are this big and some will want bigger. After all, manufacturers are running out of things to upgrade on phones.

I agree, I think we have reached the size that's getting to big.
f618ddc54e0c923f95a1ad0c68d9eb70.jpg

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Some of you won't be happy even if it's a 12 inch screen. Yes most go for the note for the bigger screen size, that was the reason I first got a note, but there are limits to size imo

My point exactly, thank you. But Mr. "Notes are not for everyone"thinks he's the only one whom they are made for. I'm sure this is his first note. Talmabout notes aren't for everyone. Hiss!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
[Guys please no insults or inappropriate language, any issues with a member you can report with the triangle , thank you !]

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
ZZZ....pretty sure Samsung makes a phone smaller than the note 20. Buy that one duh!
Maybe they would like a Spen also. Samsung makes flat screen phones also, maybe people should just buy those of they want flat screens. This is just a discussion, never does any good to tell someone to just go buy something else, imo

trucker3573

May 1, 2019
Visit site
Maybe they would like a Spen also. Samsung makes flat screen phones also, maybe people should just buy those of they want flat screens. This is just a discussion, never does any good to tell someone to just go buy something else, imo

True I guess maybe the phone was bought sight unseen possibly? I guess I wouldn’t do that for the very reason I might be displeased. To me there isn’t much discussion as it’s either too big or it isn’t and that honestly is a completely subjective thing. Why there are many different choices available and we need to do our research ahead of time.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Note devices almost exclusively since the original not. I don't find them to be big at all. Not sure how people use those tiny like iPhones.

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I don't have much problem with the size; my problem is with the lack of a headphone jack and the woes of trying to make an mp3 playlist on it. (I've had the thing a very short time).

It is slightly inconvenient to have the enormous thing in my pocket when I'm driving or on the go (I don't have it in the Otterbox Defender belt clip in those cases, as 95% of my phone drops (no drops on my new 20 Ultra, knock on wood) come from the phone popping out of the holster, mostly due to wear in the rubber or my shirt getting stuck in the holster.

Part of the reason that I DID buy the 20 Ultra was its enormous size. I don't really enjoy watching videos or gaming on a small screen, but it's nice to have the luxury of doing so if I desire.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think it reinforces what has been said on this forum many times... There is no perfect phone.

So even though many including myself may have a nitpick with the phone, it obviously didn't deter us from buying and enjoying the phone. It's just for some... it could be better... closer to being perfect. ;) But my favorite phone to date.

Attachments

• 95210EEE-12FC-429C-B93F-C211A66C17A3.jpg
    95210EEE-12FC-429C-B93F-C211A66C17A3.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 22

Deimos10

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
I think it reinforces what has been said on this forum many times... There is no perfect phone.

So even though many including myself may have a nitpick with the phone, it obviously didn't deter us from buying and enjoying the phone. It's just for some... it could be better... closer to being perfect. ;) But my favorite phone to date.
Sweet...is that Latercase or Pitaka? Thin cases definitely help considerably. I have a Latercase myself (blue version).

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sweet...is that Latercase or Pitaka? Thin cases definitely help considerably. I have a Latercase myself (blue version).

Latercase. Love it. Only case I will use on this phone at this point.

Keeps the phone super thin Great feel/grip with the Kevlar. And the weave pattern with only the cameras protected and peeking out showing only the metal trim give it a clean bada$$ look.

I liked that blue version too when LaterCaase released it and thought about getting it. But I think these are pretty durable and this should last the life of the phone. Will probably go with super thin kevlar cases on all future phones if I can.

Deimos10

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Latercase. Love it. Only case I will use on this phone at this point.

Keeps the phone super thin Great feel/grip with the Kevlar. And the weave pattern with only the cameras protected and peeking out showing only the metal trim give it a clean bada$$ look.

I liked that blue version too when LaterCaase released it and thought about getting it. But I think these are pretty durable and this should last the life of the phone. Will probably go with super thin kevlar cases on all future phones if I can.
Nice! I reached a point where I finally realized...why am I putting an Otterbox on a 6" screen phone when I can have a nearly 7" screen phone that's basically the same size with a thin case on it?