I have a OnePlus Two, you have questions. Lets do this!

sc_al

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Good evening Russell, I have just got my new bad boy two but I'm wondering how do I sync all my apps from the one to the two please? Do I need to plug into a pc?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed responses to all the questions. I'm on the fence of ordering (if I get an invite) a OnePlus II, Nexus 5, or Moto X...

y-ish

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at moving to Android and specifically a OP2 after several years with Windows and have a few questions. First off I'm in Sydney Australia so any replies from local users would be of great benefit.

Do the handsets from Australian online retailers (e.g. Kogan) get full use of Telstra mobile network – 3G, HSPA, 4G, 4Gx? From the retailers I've contacted one said they use an international version and another has a Chinese model 'with Playstore' (why wouldn't it have Playstore?). I also heard on another forum the EU/HK model would be the best fit but no explanation given.

As most of these "grey imports" are said to have bloatware installed at the system level is their a REALLY simplistic guild to flashing the device with the actual OP software? The sort of guide that treats you like a 9 year old would be good as I haven't used Android in years.

Chaitanya Narula

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I've seen a lot of reviews and people are complaining that its not delivering good battery life despite the big 3300mAh unit. Can anyone verify? Can you put the battery life in perspective, per se? How good is it compared to good battery life providing phones like Xperia z3 or Op1

Stuart Noon

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a lot of reviews and people are complaining that its not delivering good battery life despite the big 3300mAh unit. Can anyone verify? Can you put the battery life in perspective, per se? How good is it compared to good battery life providing phones like Xperia z3 or Op1

My OP2 was fairly unimpressive at first, but seems to have got better with recent updates. I'm currently running the Marshmallow preview build and seems to be in the same ballpark as my OP1 - I can eke out 2 days from it if I don't use it much, or I can go through the whole battery in half a day if the screen is on the whole time, but with my normal usage I'll usually end up with just under 50% left when it goes back on charge at the end of the day

Josh Hearn

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site

I'm waiting to get my new OP2 as we speak so I can't comment on the phone itself in real life experience. I can research every phone ever made and find bad reviews or as you mentioned battery life. That is every phone has somebody complain about it. So take those reviews for what it is. Some people are heavy modifiers, some are not, some are on custom roms, some outdated firmware, etc, etc. So what I'm saying is each comment or review you read has a different background to it. If lets say facebook releases a update. People update the app but the app ends up with a huge issue, memory leak, high cpu usage thing. Than you see people responding or or making a thread about heavy battery usage, etc. Someone from the outside looking in reads that and thinks man I don't want that phone it has battery issues. When it was the app they updated to causing the problems. Techradar test on the Xperia Z3 showed battery usage during a 90 minute video and it ended up with one of the worst showings of any phone. Concerning the OP2 you will get a full day out of a single charge and that's pushing it heavy through out the day. Just like the Z3 stamina mode I think you have a similar feature. The OP2 won't get as hot as the other 810 phones either.

In a simple answer phone battery life is up the user. How they manage the phone and what they do is what determines what the battery does. The last 2 years I've ignored anything related to a battery on a phone. Its all in the user. Phone 1 could have 8 hours of on screen use but Phone 2 only have 5 hours of use. Phone 2 might have double screen res, much better cpu, etc etc. Things to make it perform with a battery of equal size of course one is going to be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332