I just lost predictive text in Galaxy S7, Android 8 system

jeffoyb1

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi... I'm a new member, wandering the web in search of help. ...I have the same issue! My phone changed by itself a few weeks ago and lost all its old good function. It used to give quality predictive text options. I changed no setting. So the solution can't be to change a setting unless there's a known issue, bug, with an auto-update from the last month. I don't know anything about keyboards or settings. I've never changed anything so I haven't needed this knowledge. I've restarted my phone recently. I have a Galaxy S7, running Android 8, Samsung Experience 9. Thanks! PS: I'm still googling and also tried Clear Data and Safe Mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

I deleted your other post since you made a topic about it here .

You using the stock Samsung keyboard I'm assuming ? You mentioned you clear data , how did you go about that?

jeffoyb1

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
Settings > Apps > (upper right) Show system apps > Samsung Keyboard ... google advice i found said first try "Force Stop" if not work then click on Storage and there's Clear Data!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Settings > Apps > (upper right) Show system apps > Samsung Keyboard ... google advice i found said first try "Force Stop" if not work then click on Storage and there's Clear Data!
Ok good thats proper way , now how long since you done that because you have to let it learn.

jeffoyb1

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
i almost can't remember the good function i used to have! i think i would say a word and it might put in the wrong word. i could put cursor on the word and several options would show up. ...will that function come back? why doesn't it just give me dictionary options for a word my cursor is in? like "there" should just bring up "their" and "they're" as options -- no need for it to learn ??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i almost can't remember the good function i used to have! i think i would say a word and it might put in the wrong word. i could put cursor on the word and several options would show up. ...will that function come back? why doesn't it just give me dictionary options for a word my cursor is in? like "there" should just bring up "their" and "they're" as options -- no need for it to learn ??
As soon as I type I get the prediction where I circled, if you like it to learn a word the other circle with is to teach it Screenshot_20210327-204725.jpg

jeffoyb1

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
this is tricky stuff! i've been using this phone for several years. it worked great. i've done zero training or teaching. so this function -- and the loss of it -- is different. sometimes i want to use one word, other times another word. training has no value in such common situations, that i can see. it can be hard to explain a function after it's lost. but i think i did pretty good. i see other ppl complaining about this loss also -- that happened just this month. i'm guessing an update somewhere is the problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this is tricky stuff! i've been using this phone for several years. it worked great. i've done zero training or teaching. so this function -- and the loss of it -- is different. sometimes i want to use one word, other times another word. training has no value in such common situations, that i can see. it can be hard to explain a function after it's lost. but i think i did pretty good. i see other ppl complaining about this loss also -- that happened just this month. i'm guessing an update somewhere is the problem.
Good thing is you can try another keyboard like Gboard or swiftkey

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos