I love my s4, but there are a lot of problems and i need help.

samsung-s4-lover

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had my s4 since august and it acts up for a bit and then its good and turns into a vicious circle and I really need some help on what to do now.
-It randomly loses signal when my husbands phone is very close to it. This makes me miss a lot of calls and texts. So I have to restart it and then its fine. This happens at least 1-3 times per day.
-My photo gallery never works after taking a picture. My gallery and my camera always 'stops working' and forces close.
-My phone randomly shuts off whether I'm doing something or not.
-When sending texts, sometimes my keyboard doesn't pop up so i cant type anything.
-Some other annoying things but the above problems happen more than anything

What I tried to do to fix it:
-Restart my phone using the restart feature
-Turning my phone off for a while and turning it back on
-Battery reset
-Clearing cache for camera, gallery etc
-Factory reset my phone to original settings (had to do this 4 times since august!)
-Made sure all my apps and software are updates.
-I only play a handful of games and haven't downloaded anything new since I got it. So its not anything I installed that is messing it up
I tried calling my cell phone provider and they only told me to upgrade my phone to a different one but I don't want to pay the buy out of my agreement. There is no known connectivity issues in my area.
I have a protection plan with future shop and the only things they will cover is if the phone is defective (although they couldn't tell what they mean by defective) a button stops working, if the battery needs to be replaced, one of the accessories that comes with it needs to be replaced. It doesn't cover accidental damage or misuse.

Is there anyone who can help me with these problems? When this phone isn't being all cranky it is a great phone but it has been happening more frequently and it is very annoying. Everything I seemed to find online has suggested to try what I have and it still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174