If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone manage to get this working yet? I've gear 2 neo and s4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Get WHAT working exactly? I've no issue with the app other than HR monitoring is a total no-go. As far as using the app on phone & watch to monitor exercise, it seems to be working just fine.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Get WHAT working exactly? I've no issue with the app other than HR monitoring is a total no-go. As far as using the app on phone & watch to monitor exercise, it seems to be working just fine.

Here's what I do.

ON THE PHONE:
1. Turn on GPS and wait for it to stop flashing

2. Open MMR, hit RECORD, START.

ON THE WATCH
A few moments, MMR info should appear on your watch.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
As I understand no one has gotten hr from watch to work. Without hr the app kind of loses it point for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Trust me... you don't want the heart rate data. It's so inconsistent and erroneous you don't want to log it. Just be happy with the pedometer.

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Pj737: I'm kind of losing hope on gear 2. Today I ran a route that according to run keeper is about 8,5 km but the gear says 6,7 km. Then when i want to look at the map to compare it to run keeper I'm not able to sync with fitness for gear. I've tried the entire day. Feels like this feature is not important for Samsung to maintain on Sundays.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I do.

ON THE PHONE:
1. Turn on GPS and wait for it to stop flashing

2. Open MMR, hit RECORD, START.

ON THE WATCH
A few moments, MMR info should appear on your watch.

I got it to work the opposite by starting MMR on my watch and it starts and shows MMR on the phone, but I can't get the phone to start the app on the watch. I would like to get it to work as you described. Can you provide more details or did you reverse the two in your instructions?

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Try MapMyRun. it's totally accurate when it comes to distance, as it is GPS-based.

So is the built in gear 2 stuff aswell, it all comes down to how accurate you use the data from the gps. Besides, MapMyRun doesn't give me Heart Rate monitoring so it's kind of useless for me.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So is the built in gear 2 stuff aswell, it all comes down to how accurate you use the data from the gps. Besides, MapMyRun doesn't give me Heart Rate monitoring so it's kind of useless for me.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to claim that GPS based distance is inaccurate?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I compared MapMyRun with Runtastic and Exercise and MapMyRun was way off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I've used the MapMyRun app on my phone for a long time and it matches up precisely with the old version of google maps distance-measuring feature...I've never used the two items you mentioned...
It also matches up with routes I've measured with my car's odometer. Also, MMR gives identical results when running on two different phones measuring the same route simultaneously, so it seems it isn't erratic.
and that's good enough for me.

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to claim that GPS based distance is inaccurate?

No, I'm saying that the built in gps based distance functionality (gear 2 + fitness for gear) gave me a different result compared to run keeper. When I then wanted to look at the registered route in the map I couldn't, because fitness for gear didn't sync.

Oh, btw, it still doesn't. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm saying that the built in gps based distance functionality (gear 2 + fitness for gear) gave me a different result compared to run keeper. When I then wanted to look at the registered route in the map I couldn't, because fitness for gear didn't sync.

Oh, btw, it still doesn't. :)

Are u talking about the app labeled "Exercise", on the watch?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm using MMR since it appeared last week, and immediately turned off S Health as my results for the past 3+ weeks have been so inaccurate that it was driving me crazy. For starters I needed to Start and Stop the S5 app and the Gear 2 app at the same time, on my normal route that I know is 5K (3.1 miles) my S5 app was telling me that it was 2.8 - 2.9 miles and the Gear 2 was telling me 2.3 - 2.5, so it forced me to use both to try to get the correct distance from the phone and the HR for the Gear 2, because the Phone didn't get the HR data and can't even edit the workout.

Now with MMR, at least I just need to start the workout on the Gear 2 and it starts it on the phone and most important the distance is telling me 3.05 - 3.10 so it's definitely a lot more accurate. Only thing missing right now is the HR monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia