If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

dragon_irl

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Good to see Strava there too. MMR is good but with screen constantly on, it wears the battery down pretty quickly. Getting happier with my Gear 2 neo every day!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm saying that the built in gps based distance functionality (gear 2 + fitness for gear) gave me a different result compared to run keeper. When I then wanted to look at the registered route in the map I couldn't, because fitness for gear didn't sync.

Oh, btw, it still doesn't. :)

Gear 2 exercise feature doesn't use GPS for running. It uses the pedometer. Which is why it's off. Before MMR was out, I was using runkeeper on my phone and the exercise app on the watch and it was always significantly off. Now with MMR, both my watch and phone are in sync and very comparable to the routes I ran with runkeeper. MMR works pretty well.

Posted via Android Central App

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Gear 2 exercise feature doesn't use GPS for running. It uses the pedometer. Which is why it's off. Before MMR was out, I was using runkeeper on my phone and the exercise app on the watch and it was always significantly off. Now with MMR, both my watch and phone are in sync and very comparable to the routes I ran with runkeeper. MMR works pretty well.

I'm not saying that it doesn't work infact it's as you say, it works really good. But it lacks HR. For me the whole point of having the watch on when I run is to be able to see my heart rate to maximize my training. I also would like to see some statistics like what my heart rate was during a certain point of the training. Without this information the watch doesn't show me more than I can get from the apps on the phone.

Since Strada doesn't have this feature either I'm starting to suspect that Samsung has locked down access to heart rate in Tizen development kit.

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying that it doesn't work infact it's as you say, it works really good. But it lacks HR. For me the whole point of having the watch on when I run is to be able to see my heart rate to maximize my training. I also would like to see some statistics like what my heart rate was during a certain point of the training. Without this information the watch doesn't show me more than I can get from the apps on the phone.

Since Strada doesn't have this feature either I'm starting to suspect that Samsung has locked down access to heart rate in Tizen development kit.

Possibly or hopefully there is a bug to work out. I forget that there is a HRM half the time.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
True
Samsung is quite and do not see hope of samsung fixing issues with Gear Fit, Gear2 & Gear Neo ! WASTE OF MONEY

If you are not happy, why not just return it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get MMR on my phone to connect to the HRM in my watch before, but with today's phone update to version 3.0.3 it doesn't even see my Gear 2. Is this working for anyone?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to your phone turn on map my run start a run and then go to the watch and in a few seconds the watch will begin displaying data

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to your phone turn on map my run start a run and then go to the watch and in a few seconds the watch will begin displaying data

This doesn't work for me. I can start MMR on my watch and the app starts and shows data on my phone, but not the other way around as you describe.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, before I update MMR to 3.0.3, how exactly did you get HRM in watch to connect to MMR on phone?

I think the steps are the same with both versions. On the phone go to Settings>Heart Rate, Other Sensors...>Heart rate>Connect, and choose the Gear 2. That worked for me on the previous version but on 3.0.3 all I see for devices is "Use ANT+" whatever that is. No Bluetooth devices show at all, where the previous version showed all available Bluetooth devices, even my TV!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't work for me. I can start MMR on my watch and the app starts and shows data on my phone, but not the other way around as you describe.

Perhaps you just aren't not waiting long enough for the watch app to display MMR's data, when started from the phone. It always works for my watch as well as my wifes.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you just aren't not waiting long enough for the watch app to display MMR's data, when started from the phone. It always works for my watch as well as my wifes.

I started MMR on my phone and took a 30 minute walk, It never showed up on my watch. The only thing possibly unusual is that I set MMR for walking mode because Map My Walk doesn't seem to be compatible.

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think the steps are the same with both versions. On the phone go to Settings>Heart Rate, Other Sensors...>Heart rate>Connect, and choose the Gear 2. That worked for me on the previous version but on 3.0.3 all I see for devices is "Use ANT+" whatever that is. No Bluetooth devices show at all, where the previous version showed all available Bluetooth devices, even my TV!

I have version 2.9.5 and for me it looks like this: Settings>Sensor setting>Heart rate

Then it starts scanning and infact finds a lot of stuff including the Gear 2 Neo. But when it's done with the scanning, under Gear 2 Neo it says "Device not broadcasting discovery". I can however select it and it appears to be connected but no heart rate shows. I tested having MMR tracking running for about 10 min but heartrate didn't appear.

I'm gonna take a run in a couple of hours outside to rule out that it activates when gps is active or something like that. It sounds a bit weird that you're getting it to work, anybody else have it running?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have version 2.9.5 and for me it looks like this: Settings>Sensor setting>Heart rate

Then it starts scanning and infact finds a lot of stuff including the Gear 2 Neo. But when it's done with the scanning, under Gear 2 Neo it says "Device not broadcasting discovery". I can however select it and it appears to be connected but no heart rate shows. I tested having MMR tracking running for about 10 min but heartrate didn't appear.

I'm gonna take a run in a couple of hours outside to rule out that it activates when gps is active or something like that. It sounds a bit weird that you're getting it to work, anybody else have it running?

Well, I never did get it to "work" but I could at least connect to it like you did and also with no heartbeat. I have searched and searched but can't find how to tell the new version of MMR to search for Bluetooth devices. Oddly, nobody else has complained about it either.

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I never did get it to "work" but I could at least connect to it like you did and also with no heartbeat. I have searched and searched but can't find how to tell the new version of MMR to search for Bluetooth devices. Oddly, nobody else has complained about it either.

I did the run yesterday and yeah well, as you state, connected is not the same thing as working. :) it doesn't work! :)

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
So how is mapmyrun completed to the built in running app in terms of accuracy?

Well unfortunately I can't answer that since it decided to stop working after about 30 min. Perhaps someone else can answer? I think it is closer to run keeper and other in terms of accuracy. Hence closer to reality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello