Internal Storage Issues - new guy

red9sox

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I've only got a few non stock apps on the internal storage (those that can't be moved to the external sd card), but my available storage is down to a couple MB. I've looked through the apps and there's nothing large that's taking up a lot of space - the only thing I can't see is how much the texts and photos are taking up (assuming they are on the internal mem).

I know I could get rid of the few apps left on the internal, but the space has been declining fast and it's starting to prevent me from updating the system and anyother apps.

Any thoughts on how to manage/fix the issue? Resettting and starting from scratch isn't something I'd like to do, and if I need to strip down all apps to the factory issued and keep it that way, then I might as well junk the phone (which I do not want to do).

All help is appreciated.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
photos should be on the sd card. your text messages, email and web cache could be taking quite a bit of space.

i find that regular/weekly cleaning on my evo has kept it running smooth and fast for the last couple of years.

there is a setting on the stock message app (messages ->menu->settings) under storage settings that will limit the number of text messages.

empty your sent, deleted and draft emails on non-web based email

clear out your browser cache, history, etc (internet->menu->more-> settings)

i like a couple of apps (cache cleaner+ and delete old messages, both free) to help out with some of the weekly maintenance i perform on mine.

hope that helps.

top out

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Emails and Facebook tend to take up memory with a lot of junk. If you use either you may want to check those and delete trash, cache, etc

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree the text messages can take up a lot of room on the internal memory. You also, can uninstall all updates, and clear the cache on any Stock apps you don't use at all.

Unfortunately, my brothers girlfriend was having this exact issue with her Evo4g, I tried all the tricks mentioned by all the posters above...For some reason I could not bring her phone out of the low memory warning...Finally, we hard reset it , and that did the trick.. oddly after getting her phone back to exactly the stripped down point we had it at before the reset, it now had plenty of memory..not sure what, or why something was bogging down all the memory on it. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24