International Usage of EVO LTE

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
What countries will the EVO 4g LTE work? I'm traveling to Japan, Hong Kong and China soon and I'm just wondering.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Fairly certain that sprint phones don't work outside the us.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wait doesn't the EVO have a hidden sim card slot?? I remember reading on it or saw it from the tear down they did. Could be wrong but about 90% sure. What I don't get is why these phones still don't come with a sim card slot. I for one travel quite a bit but always have to end up using my gf photon. I'll search and post the link if im correct.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I knew they worked in Canada and Puerto Rico but was hoping for the far east. I may just have to communicate via email/FB.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What countries will the EVO 4g LTE work? I'm traveling to Japan, Hong Kong and China soon and I'm just wondering.

I know Japan networks use GSM, pretty sure China and HK are the same. With international roaming the EVO LTE should work, at least for voice calls and text. I was there a couple years ago with a Hero; it worked intermittently. Any time you have wifi available that should work too.

Bear in mind international roaming can get really expensive. Might want to look into getting a GSM based Sprint phone; a Sprint store may have specifics on how to do so. Also recommend you check into a prepaid phone on another network at least for calls and text.

Hope this helps; enjoy your trip!

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Have used my evo 4g og in Israel- not cheap, but works fine, I think I had to set it up with Sprint the first to allow international roaming.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
As kg4icg stated, i believe the EVO Design was the only EVO that had world capabilities. I wish Sprint offered more world phones.To my knowledge these are the other world phones on Sprint, the Photon and iPhone 4S.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN