Invisishield messing with screen?

Dave Armstrong

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my Note II yesterday and went straight into BB to have an Invisishield screen protector put on. I am starting to notice that the screen seems somewhat pixelated with what appears to my eyes to be pixelation where you can see red and green (similar to to the effect of when your sitting too close to a TV screen). Is this the screen protector causing this? I did not spend enough time with the phone without the screen protector to notice if the screen was like this prior to putting the Invisishield on.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Without seeing it or knowing exactly how it was applied, it could be residual moisture under your shield. If it doesn't clear in 24-48 hours then I'm wrong.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I did not like the invisible shield on my OG Galaxy Note, although I was a fan prior to owning the OG Galaxy Note. The s-pen did not glide smoothly. This was the one that was applied with solution. I have used SGP since then an they work great with the s-pen.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I did not like the invisible shield on my OG Galaxy Note, although I was a fan prior to owning the OG Galaxy Note. The s-pen did not glide smoothly. This was the one that was applied with solution. I have used SGP since then an they work great with the s-pen.

Which version of SGP do you prefer?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Zagg tends to have a lot of the "orange peel" effect - that's the main reason I quit using them. They supposedly have a "HD" version out but I'm sure not going to pay for one until I see it applied and cured. After I quit Zagg, I used the Seideo version on my BB's. Now i'm with SGP and pretty happy with them.

On a side note, make sure you register the purchase with Zagg in case you need warranty replacement.

tHe Rk

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Zags will leave a "haze" for 48-72 hours as the solution dries. If it doesn't clear up, take it back.

Curious though to hear how the Spen works with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
New here but figured I'd chime in.. I've had the note 2 since the 26th, and got the invisishield put on 3 days ago. Mine had the pexilation look for the better part of two days. So I planned to return it today, but when I woke up it was 99% better. Last night I also left it on top of my refrigerator face down for some additional heat and it seemed to have dried right up! Also the spen seems smoother on the screen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the invisible shield HD, no orange peel effect. I did notice after using the s pen that it did leave impressions on the shield. I might have been pushing to hard at first cause it is only the few impressions.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
ANyone use the Armor Suit SPs?

I've always had good luck with those on previous devices and curious how it works with the Note 2. I have one on order now.

Dave Armstrong

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Today I bit the bullet and pulled off the $30 invisishield. It was literally like going from a non HD display to 1080p. What a world of difference. I watched the shield get put on and it was installed flawlessly so im not sure what the issue was. Any recommendations for a better screen protector. I guess in the mean time ill just have to be careful.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to pull my Invisibleshield off here in a few minutes. I did not get the HD version and the orange peel is in full effect. Plus, the S-Pen is making indentations on it.

whoaIsthataPhone2

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought the zagg screen and I am terrified to put it on. I watched a video and I just dont like the concept of putting a wet object on my phone and pushing out the water and expect it not to go into the ear receiver. .? Is there anywhere I can take this to have it installed? Has anyone ever ruined their phone by instaling the screen?

Admittedly I'm a little bit of a sissy since I spent so much money on the phone . Dont want to ruin it.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Today I bit the bullet and pulled off the $30 invisishield. It was literally like going from a non HD display to 1080p. What a world of difference. I watched the shield get put on and it was installed flawlessly so im not sure what the issue was. Any recommendations for a better screen protector. I guess in the mean time ill just have to be careful.

Personally I think the Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal or Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors are the best two options available for the Note 2. Neither of them distort the screen at all, both work perfectly fine with the s-pen and the Ultra Oleophobic is oil resistent and cuts down in smudges and fingerprints.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord